What's your opinion on coffee dates?

Seeing a girl for a first date on Saturday and she suggested we go out for coffee. Pros/cons of a coffee date? Normally go out for drinks on a first date so not used to the coffee thing... What's a reasonable time of day to meet for a coffee date?

7593

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't drink coffee lol, but meeting up in a coffee shop or something is fine for a first date just to have a chat and get to know one another to see if there will be a 2nd date or not.

Most Helpful Guy

• Coffee dates is what I could label my standard first meet of a stranger. Something short, the greatest expectation is terminal and usually just a quick chat, and there's a lot less of that formal hoo haa mumbo jumbo.

I call it a meet'n'greet. Public setting. It's a great way to get a real visual, feel the vibe you get from them, and then decide if you want to actually spend any amount of time with that person. It's an easy out for you if you'd rather not, likewise for them.

I mean we know if we want to have sex with the other person pretty quickly... so there's no point in wasting time doing some bullshit.