Do you have to share your mental health with your partner?

If you have a mental health problem, like high sensitivity! Anxiety! Fear etc... Do you think is true to share it with your girlfriend or boyfriend?

82

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I believe you should. Any problem that is bound to have an impact on your relationship is better to shared. And I can think of very few mental health issues that don't impact one's interpersonal relationships. And, if it impacts interpersonal relationships, that goes double for intimate relationships.

In the very least, sharing the problem allows your partner to understand you and where you're coming from. If they truly care about you, they will support you through it. Sometimes, just being open and honest about our problems is wonderfully therapeutic.
    I think, ultimately, it benefits you more to share it than to keep it to yourself.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why the hell hide it so that if you DO face a mental health crisis they have no idea what to do or how to do it?

• What if she use that against you in future?

• Then she's a worthless cunt and you're better off for having found out early.

Next question.