Do you have to share your mental health with your partner?

If you have a mental health problem, like high sensitivity! Anxiety! Fear etc... Do you think is true to share it with your girlfriend or boyfriend?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I believe you should. Any problem that is bound to have an impact on your relationship is better to shared. And I can think of very few mental health issues that don't impact one's interpersonal relationships. And, if it impacts interpersonal relationships, that goes double for intimate relationships.

In the very least, sharing the problem allows your partner to understand you and where you're coming from. If they truly care about you, they will support you through it. Sometimes, just being open and honest about our problems is wonderfully therapeutic.
    I think, ultimately, it benefits you more to share it than to keep it to yourself.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Why the hell hide it so that if you DO face a mental health crisis they have no idea what to do or how to do it?

0|1
    0|0
    • What if she use that against you in future?

• Then she's a worthless cunt and you're better off for having found out early.

Next question.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• I think in order to have a healthy relationship you need to. That way your partner will know when you're not feeling your best mentally and can help you and be there for you when you need it

0|1
    0|0
    • Good answer smart girl, that's cool, but some times we should becareful if our partner gonna use that against us some day!

• If your partner is going to use that against you then you need to find someone else

• You should absolutely share that with your partner!! Your partner is supposed to be there for you, love you, support you, encourage you. They can’t do that to the best of their abilities if you don’t let them know about your problems.

0|1
    0|0
    • Great answer, but what if he use that against you in future? In a fight or in a problem? Or he use them to get his benefits!

• If he were to use an issue that I have personally against me, then he is the one with the real problem. Mental health issues are serious and if someone uses them against you, you obviously don’t need that negativity in your life and it says way more about them than you.

• Should most definitely say something. I shared my mental health issues with someone I am seeing. We aren’t official yet but I see it getting there and I wanted him to know everything he was getting into before he got into it. I also told him I couldn’t afford to get fucked around with

0|0
    0|0
    • Hmmm that's cool, but so times we should be careful if our partners gonna use that against us some day!

• Show All
    • Oh I'm sorry about what happened @littleMiss , that's so bad! When that happened?

• On Thursday. He freaked out for no reason and treated me like shit. I guess that’s what I get for caring about a drug addict

• I wouldn't until I feel the partner able. to handle it

0|1
    0|0
  • Ofcourse being true and communication is very important

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes its very important

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. Must discuss, early in the relationship.

0|1
    0|0
    • Hmmm yea maybe this a good idea too, but upon the problems do you have!

What Guys Said 1

Recommended myTakes