Can feeling actually go away?

Can the feelings you have for someone really go away with time or will you always have feelings for that person. I have been single now for 6 months but my feelings for this guy won’t fade away I’d say if anything they are getting stronger. I’ve been telling myself that I can’t have feelings for him that him and I are done and that it wouldn’t work even if I did give him another shot. How can I stop from having breakdowns over him, even seeing new people but somehow I always end up subconsciously comparing them to him. Any ideas on how to stop caring for someone who I shouldn’t?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• They may, they may not. It really depends. Even if you move on with life, find someone else and all that, you may still hold a soft spot for them in your and it does happen quite often.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In the moment you don’t think it’s true but with time you will slowly move on. You won’t feel that way forever

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I think when you said the phrase single for the past six months it made things click. You need to go out on some dates and have fun. Start seeing what other guys do that you like that your ex didn't. That will help you get over him if time alone hasn't worked.

0|0
    0|0
  • Common to inmprint on an early lover. Just like a baby duck with its momma

0|0
    0|0
  • You just need some more time.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes