Can feeling actually go away?

Can the feelings you have for someone really go away with time or will you always have feelings for that person. I have been single now for 6 months but my feelings for this guy won’t fade away I’d say if anything they are getting stronger. I’ve been telling myself that I can’t have feelings for him that him and I are done and that it wouldn’t work even if I did give him another shot. How can I stop from having breakdowns over him, even seeing new people but somehow I always end up subconsciously comparing them to him. Any ideas on how to stop caring for someone who I shouldn’t?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• They may, they may not. It really depends. Even if you move on with life, find someone else and all that, you may still hold a soft spot for them in your and it does happen quite often.

Most Helpful Girl

• In the moment you don’t think it’s true but with time you will slowly move on. You won’t feel that way forever