From what age gap is it unacceptable?

Please don't tell me "age doesn't matter". Also, precise who's older !

For example, in my opinion, if the guy is older, 0-5 years is optimal, and over 8 years, it's weird. Over 15 years, it's not really acceptable. If I'm older, 3-5 years is the maximum age gap for various reasons.

But that's just for me ! I know some couples with a 20+ years age gap that are very happy. I'm not here to judge :).

512

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends. Are you asking for you? Age gap is different for young teens because they haven't fully matured yet. I'd say it would be weird if you went out with anyone older than 19. After you turn 18, a 20 year age gap wouldn't seem as weird.

• No I'm not really asking for me. I'm very aware of the acceptable age gap for my age. Just asking in general :).

• In general 20 years is kinda weird for serious relationships just because it's awkward knowing that your partner is probably going to die decades before you, and you'll be too old for another relationship and you'll be alone for 10-20 more years.

Most Helpful Girl

• Me and my husband are 3.5 years apart. I think anything 7+ would be too much for me.