From what age gap is it unacceptable?

Please don't tell me "age doesn't matter". Also, precise who's older !

For example, in my opinion, if the guy is older, 0-5 years is optimal, and over 8 years, it's weird. Over 15 years, it's not really acceptable. If I'm older, 3-5 years is the maximum age gap for various reasons.

But that's just for me ! I know some couples with a 20+ years age gap that are very happy. I'm not here to judge :).

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends. Are you asking for you? Age gap is different for young teens because they haven't fully matured yet. I'd say it would be weird if you went out with anyone older than 19. After you turn 18, a 20 year age gap wouldn't seem as weird.

0|0
    0|0
    • No I'm not really asking for me. I'm very aware of the acceptable age gap for my age. Just asking in general :).

• In general 20 years is kinda weird for serious relationships just because it's awkward knowing that your partner is probably going to die decades before you, and you'll be too old for another relationship and you'll be alone for 10-20 more years.

Most Helpful Girl

• Me and my husband are 3.5 years apart. I think anything 7+ would be too much for me.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I think it depends on the age one is at. As you get older the age difference becomes more acceptable.

Sometimes you don't choose who you fall in love with.

Some prefer older partners and others younger. Generally males prefer older woman when they are younger and as they get older they prefer younger woman - generally.

0|0
    0|0
  • 5 years difference max, and the guy should be older

0|0
    0|0
  • I think nineish years is when it starts to get a little awkward

1|0
    0|0
  • I've dated 14 years older than me. And my partner is 8 years younger than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • At 16 be careful anyone over 18 could get in trouble messing around with you

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything older than 5 years when one particular subject is under 18 I believe is wrong

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I agree.

Sometimes age gap depends on the age range. 36-45 isn't that bad, but 16-25 is weird.

• Yes once the parties are both above 18 and adults I feel the norms change and you can do what you feel is right

• So don't judge and go with the flow as it works for you!

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends how young the other person is, but 8 years is about the limit until both are over 20

0|0
    0|0
  • if girl is older then age gap doesn't matter, but if guy is older like 4 years if both are over 18

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 2+ years older than my beauty.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've dated at most 3 years apart

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• When an adult is with a minor. Once you're an adult age really is nothing but a number.

0|0
    0|0
  • More than 15yrs seems too much to me

0|0
    0|0
  • I think 2 years difference

0|0
    0|0
  • Age is just a number.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes