How do I finally get a girlfriend?

Literally every time I think I have a shot with a girl, one of these things happen-
-She flat out rejects me
-I fall into the friend zone
-She chooses another guy over me

I seemingly can't get a girlfriend, I don't tell anyone about this because I don't want to tell them about how unattractive I feel because of the fact that I always get rejected by girls who I pursue romantically. I don't believe in myself in dating. When I look and see girls on social media with their boyfriends, I notice that those guys are not like me. They seem more outgoing and better looking than I do. I just suck at dating. I am pretty awkward around most girls even though I really want a girlfriend.

03