Why do guys react like this when a guy hits a girl?

A girl at work showed up with two black eyes and a bruise on her chin. It turns out her ex hit her. A lot of the guys at work got really mad about it. Does this only happen if they care about the girl who got hit or would they care if it was a stranger? This girl is really close friends with all the guys at work

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they lack the ability to think clear. They instantly think like 'Wtf whos that sonofabitch' 'How could he hit you! But they don't ask themselves why she got beat up... Maybe she tried to kill the guy? Mybe she stole something valuable from him? Tried to ruin her ex life with his new gf?

0|3
    1|1
    • No. She's a small girl. 4'11. don't blame the victim. She's not even physically capable of hurting anyone.

• Show All
    • I guess our feelings are mutual but I'll end it on that, have a good day ma'am.

• XD whatever...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Normally the guys are cocky and want to show they're cool and promise to beat sh1t out of the bastard, but once they see his size - they run away like rabbits.

However it's not normal that a boy beats a girl - she's normally smaller and weaker.

0|1
    0|0
  • If someone beat up my male or female friend, I would be quite enraged, especially if they were someone that is the type to not fight back.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah. She's a small girl. She's like 4'11. She's always the peace maker at work whenever the guys get rowdy. So we know she isn't a fighter.

• We men are biologically programmed to protect females and will usually jump headlong into the fray be it a stranger or friend, if they were mad then they feel the same way. As a guy i see my female friends as my little sisters and ANYone who put there hands on my sister gets an asbeating my actual sister can vouch for that.

1|0
    0|0
  • same reaction if we don't know the girl, for a man to put his hands on a woman is just shameful and disgusting! you want to teach him a lesson!

1|1
    0|0
  • I would say most men have a problem with guys (boys not mature enough to know how to treat women) hitting a woman, but the closer they are... friend, coworker, etc the more it bothers them... as I think it should

0|0
    0|0
  • Call it sexist but most guys have an implicit code: "men should not hit women", any women, not just friends get that reaction.
    Personally I think aggression is wrong in both directions.

0|1
    0|0
  • Violence upon anyone who won't or can't defend themselves is the least manly, and one of the most fucked up acts possible. Chances are the guys at work want to kick the shit out of the coward who hit her.

0|0
    0|0
  • "This girl is really close friends with all the guys at work" so they obviously care about her, if one of my male friends or female friends I'd feel obligated to deal with whomever caused them harm.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's our "gentleman" aspect. The sight of a women in need makes us want to protect her no matter what. So there is not really any "care", it's our instinct.

0|0
    0|0
  • In our society social moreys are such that hitting a girl is brutish and unacceptable behavior. In other countries that's not necessarily the case.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate all those who shows their strength on a lady

1|0
    0|0
  • I grew around a houseful of women just dont think its necessary but that goes both ways

0|0
    0|0
  • If somebody hits somebody for no reason it's wrong. Gender doesn't matter

0|1
    0|0
    • But a man hitting a woman or a child will always get more response out of the average man. No matter the reason it's always worse for us to hit women and children than another man (not that hitting men is okay)

• Gentleman will always be a gentleman. The man is no gentle man

0|0
    0|0
  • Hitting a girl is always wrong and makes men as furious as wimen

0|0
    0|1
    • And when a girl comes at you with a knife or is aiming to fatally hurt you I hope you can uphold those same principles.

• Well I did not put that in consideration when I wrote the answer. Did that happen to you?

• No. But I rationalize scenerios before stating an opinion on them. Hitting a girl to me is okay in self defense if you can't restrain her or run. Guys are generally physically stronger, so it would obviously be bad to abuse that though.

• They’d care period

0|0
    0|0
  • I get mad when a stranger gets hit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anybody capable of empathy would care either way.

0|0
    0|0
  • With fucking fury!!!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes