Why do people think that looks are everything in a relationship?

im just curious as to why people think looks are everything. its so shocking to me because, there are a bunch of nice looking people but they're shitty. like wouldn't you want to date someone thats just an awesome person and make you laugh a lot, than an asshole that thinks its all about looks?
  • I don't know man, they're dumb, if you meet someone that doesn't meet other peoples standards, but is a super sweet person. i would say to just ignore anyone being rude.
  • they're just jerks
  • its all about looks, personality's ain't shit (yes people have told me this)
    Vote C
  • i just ignore them
    Vote D
  • its 50/50
    Vote E
  • why would you want to date someone ugly? (people have told me this too)
    Vote F

1026

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate but societie has done to the standards of beauty. And that some a******* believe that you can only have a relationship with somebody if they meet certain standards. That said I think each person for themselves needs to find the beauty in the person that they are pursuing and want to have a relationship with. But beauty has many different forms and standards, and I believe that people are inherently beautiful, and I know that I am not the only one that looks for the beauty in people so I hope that those that would pursue you would be of the same mind set and screw the opinions of anybody but would say negative things. As humans come in all shapes and sizes somethin some thicker and everywhere in between...

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted 50/50, but the last option is also valid. Why would get romantically involved with people you’re not physically attracted to? Valuing someone for their personality only is called a friendship, not a relationship.

• actually no, because the guy im currently talking to thinks he's ugly, but i see him as attractive. its not all about looks

• Key words: YOU see him as attractive. He’s not gonna date himself, you’re the one dating him and you find him physically attractive. And that’s my whole point.