When guys say “I don’t want kids” or “I don’t want them yet”?

Okay so I’m seeing this guy, blah blah blah you know the deal.. so anyway, he said “he doesn’t want kids yet”
now I’m 18, planned a little of my life, and he’s 20, we’re both still young and what not.. but I’m just wondering is there a chance that it actually means he doesn’t want them at All?
I mean either way I’d stay with him, seeing as kids aren’t a major need/want in my life, it’s just, IS THERE TWO MEANINGS TO THAT? or is he just at the “I don’t know about what I want in life” stage?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I Think that the second choice is the truth, he doesn't know what he want in his life and he thinks that he is still young for kids and he wants to , you know, enjoy freedom maybe, and have you for himself only :D. I think that next few years he will change his mind about that :) (yep, sorry for my bad English, still learning, hope I help you :))

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He is in the "I do not know about what I want in life", which is common for any 20 year old

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I said I never want kids myself, and then friend sent a picture and video of her little brother and little thing is so freaking cute I will probably change my mind

2|0
    0|0
  • You guys are twenty, you have your whole lives in front of you, he doesn't want to waist it with a kid. Not that kids are a waist, he just wants to experience the world with out responsibility.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its probably he's still figuring his life out. You are both young. Wait till late 20's to think about kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • "Yet" I'll ask you, what does "yet" mean in his context? I'd use the very exact words like him because I don't want kids YET. Coz I'm not even 16... Maybe when I'm 25-35 I can have a child but not now

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn't know but trust me if he sees a kid of his own he'll fall in love with the kid

1|0
    0|0
  • Do something more meaningful its useless for you to think about all this at so tender age.
    Nothing will happen you will just be fucked again and again until the greed is fulfilled

0|0
    0|0
  • Might be going through some kind of financial or sexual problem

0|0
    0|0
  • Just sounds like he's not ready yet

0|0
    0|0
  • He's still young so he will change his mind a lot

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes