Is it weird to observe a girl from afar?

Dear all,

I would like to inform you that I have some confidence and self-esteem issues which doesn't make my life easy in many fields (Mainly when it comes to interactions with women).

Today, I saw a girl on campus that was really attractive, she's not in any of my classes unfortunately.
I was standing all by myself, since the class session ended earlier than expected. Thus, I saw her on a bench with some of her friends probably.

Unconsciously, I was observing her from afar and when I realized it then I pretended like I was waiting for a phone call. I know this is weird, but it was my only way out to hide myself.

I don't know how to approach her, and eventually she might already noticed that I was weirdly looking at her. I am quite sure that she saw me looking at her many times.
I feel so ashamed lol, but I really want to get to know her.

I don't know what to do from now & on, and eventually how to react next time. Things are way too complicate for an unexperienced person like me.

Hopefully you guys can give some advice,

Thank you so much ! :)

52

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are interested, definitely work up the courage to talk to her. Observing her from afar is not that weird because a lot of people do it. But if she saw you looking at her, then she kind of would expect you to talk to her at some point. You should just make the first move, and see what happens. There's no harm in trying, even though you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

• Thank you for your answer.

I would have loved to have the courage to go to her and talk to her directly, but it was really daunting to make such a move. I wasn't prepare neither physically nor mentally.

Also, she was surrounded by some friends which make it even more complicated to approach her. Therefore, I kept on checking her out from afar without even doing anything.

On top of that, I don't know if such situation is going to repeat itself if I'll be able to make any move :(

• I completely understand, when she is surrounded by her friends, it would be really hard to talk to her. I think you should talk to her when she's alone; I have a lot of friends, but I'm not with then all the time, and maybe just "accidentally" bump into her in the hallway or borrow a pencil. No offense, but there probably will not be much development if you don't talk to her. I'm sure you can work up the courage to talk to her. Good luck!

• That's for sure, I have to come up with an excuse in order to talk to her. Otherwise, nothing will happen as you said.

Thank you for the support lady :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes, girls are flattered when guys are checking them out. Next time you see her approach her and say, "Excuse me, but I wonder if you could do me a huge favor. I'd really like to get a cup of coffee but I have this weird fear about drinking coffee alone. It's called solocoffeephobia. Could you do me a huge favor and walk over to the coffee shop with me? I'd buy you a cup of coffee if you could help me out like that! I know it sounds weird but I just developed it when I saw you sitting here."

She will obviously realize that it is an attempt to be flirtatious. If she is interested, she might take you up on the offer. If she declines, just smile at her and say, "You can't blame a guy for trying, can you?"

• Thank you for your feedback.

It's a very interesting approaching technique, however it is way too straightforward and at that stage I wouldn't be able to handle it.

In fact, as I did mention earlier I do have confidence & self-esteem issues so I don't really have the guts to be so direct with her.

I will surely prefer to go with a more subtle technique, something that does not put so much pressure on myself.

I hope that you are right that she felt flattered when she realized I was checking her out. I don't want her to assume that I am a creepy guy :P