Do you think he is playing me?

So there's a guy that I really like. We've been friends on snapchat for over a year but have only been talking since October. We're both pretty busy and don't have much time to hang out other than Saturday nights. We've hung out/slept together (no sex - just cuddling) 3 times. During 2 of those nights he kissed me a few times but didn't push me to go past kissing. The third time we hung out/slept together, things went a little farther and I ended up giving him a bj. I felt comfortable and safe around him. We still texted/snapped all of the time after that. This past New Year's weekend he invited me on an ice fishing trip with his friends. We were together for 5 days and shared a bed smaller than a twin bed. Kissed & cuddled every night. One of the nights I gave him another bj. Since the trip he still talks to me and snaps me. But I haven't been able to tell if he's playing me or not or sees any potential in me.

The night we got home I texted him and asked if he was playing me. We were sending flirty texts and I got the chance to say something like "But I can't tell if you're playing me or not (;" and he said "why would you think that? -with a laughing face" and I said "I can't read guys for shit- with a laughing face" and he said "Okayyy- with an upside down smiley face" and I said "I don't think you are ;P but I could be wrong?" and he said "Guess you'll have to stick around to find out ;P".

He's kind of shy and quiet. I don't know if he's had any gf's before. I've been afraid to ask. Is that something I should ask? Or how should I address this issue with him? I don't want to waste my time on a guy who's only interested in playing me.

12