If you are single by choice, what makes you want to stay single?

Personally I'm single but not by choice just can't seem to attract any suitors.

So my question is not for those in a similar situation as me but for you who are single by choice, (meaning you do have suitors to date matches but choose not to date anybody.)

What makes you choose to be single and what makes you genuinely happy about being single?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• For me it was the love of being lonely, I can go wherever I want, never have to cope with someone when I want to go out with friends or whatever (I love improvisation), I can have all the dates I want and never miss a greag girl because I'm already taken, noone to tell me "you're too old for this". Conclusion : my life belongs to me, depends on me, and I do whatever the fuck I want of it

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m happy because I am now focusing more on myself. I am looking to start college again in fall. I’m looking for a job. Spoiling myself when it comes to shopping and enjoying the time being around my family. Men will always be around and will always be after you now I’m just all about making sure it’s the right one. No more run arounds

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• I have never had a girlfriend because I have never felt the need for one. I can focus on myself and my goals/future. I also find dating to be a waste of time, I recently went out on what seemed to be a really fun date and was open to the idea of going further (I kinda just go with the flow) but ended up getting slow faded and ghosted on. There's just too many hoops you have to jump through and games you have to play and I do not have time or interest for that bullshit

0|0
    0|0
  • Couple reasons why. For one I don't have the patience to deal with dumb shit that will come eventually with relationships. I also don't have a lot of time to go on dates without my daughter. Another reason is I'm not a fan of commitment. People who go so long dating someone and trying to make it work out that their life starts to become cloudy. It's just not worth it to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Single by choice!!! I just don't feel like settling down right now or given my varying tastes in obscure wants, i like this sense of freedom. It's not that I don't want a relationship but I'd rather be doing something with my life and bettering myself than hunt for women on online websites or random flings at clubs/bars.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm an average guy; I've never had a suitor. I choose to be single because dating is an expensive waste of time and the pain of rejection and betrayal outweigh the minuscule joys of being with someone who is usually only pretending to like you to mitigate their own loneliness until someone better comes along.

0|0
    0|2
  • Dating is like finding a friend who you pay for things and they screw you over and over until you have no money and then they leave or keep you Relevant untill you have money. Maybe I haven't met the right girl but that's the vibe I get.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm focusing on my own life and don't feel like investing a lot of time energy and money into dating.

I'm not against dating, it's just not my priority right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd like to say I'm single because I can't get dates, but truth is I'm single because I'm too lazy to call/text girls and arrange a date.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's the freedom. To go wherever I want, whenever I want.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am single by choice coz my situation dictates it. I dont think there's a woman out there who would deal with my crazy schedule

0|0
    0|0
  • Hay muchos motivos
    Desde que estás herido y no quieres nada hasta que te lo pasas mejor no teniendo nada serio.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• Lack of single religious guys my age who are interested in religion the way that I am

0|0
    0|0
  • I WAS single by choice. But now I'm looking to start dating again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate meeting new people.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve been told some pretty bad lies by different guys. They were all potential partners but it’s a turn off not being able to trust a guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are some guys I know that are interested in me, so I could be in a relationship right now, but it would be with someone I don't have feelings or attraction for. So I choose to stay single.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes