How can I ask a guy round to my house without it sounding suggestive?

Me and this guy like each other but he seems very shy to meet me. We were at college together 3 years ago and he's been writing to me on social media within that time but he's been too scared to meet me - even though he is 19 lol. (He had a crush on me at college). I was thinking of asking him round to mine. I don't want to suggest a "movie" or anything like that because that's meant to be code for sex. I don't know how I can ask him round without it sounding suggestive. If I say I've got the place to myself, that could mean one thing. I don't want to scare him off. I've tried meeting him in public but he doesn't show, probably because he panicked. I was thinking if I asked him round to mine, it wouldn't matter so much if he stood me up. Any ways to ask him without it sounding wrong?

37

Most Helpful Guy

• Welcome to our world, only for you it’s not a case of whether or not you’ll be called a pervert.

Ask him why he didn’t show last time and ask if it would be better to meet at your house instead?

If he is that shy of a person he won’t meet you in public, I doubt he’ll be expecting sex from you.

I’d also be clear in what you’re doing. “Do you want to come round mine and have dinner/watch a movie/play a game” etc Don’t just say “do you wanna hang round mine”

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe I have something you can try. You just talk normally with him. A normal conversation. And If you have recenlty bought something new or cool. Tell him like Hi! I bought this new lamp or toy or shoes. And if he ask you to show him. Show him a picture of it. But not so good of a picture. And tell him. You should come by to look at it one time if you can