How can I ask a guy round to my house without it sounding suggestive?

Me and this guy like each other but he seems very shy to meet me. We were at college together 3 years ago and he's been writing to me on social media within that time but he's been too scared to meet me - even though he is 19 lol. (He had a crush on me at college). I was thinking of asking him round to mine. I don't want to suggest a "movie" or anything like that because that's meant to be code for sex. I don't know how I can ask him round without it sounding suggestive. If I say I've got the place to myself, that could mean one thing. I don't want to scare him off. I've tried meeting him in public but he doesn't show, probably because he panicked. I was thinking if I asked him round to mine, it wouldn't matter so much if he stood me up. Any ways to ask him without it sounding wrong?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Welcome to our world, only for you it’s not a case of whether or not you’ll be called a pervert.

Ask him why he didn’t show last time and ask if it would be better to meet at your house instead?

If he is that shy of a person he won’t meet you in public, I doubt he’ll be expecting sex from you.

I’d also be clear in what you’re doing. “Do you want to come round mine and have dinner/watch a movie/play a game” etc Don’t just say “do you wanna hang round mine”

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe I have something you can try. You just talk normally with him. A normal conversation. And If you have recenlty bought something new or cool. Tell him like Hi! I bought this new lamp or toy or shoes. And if he ask you to show him. Show him a picture of it. But not so good of a picture. And tell him. You should come by to look at it one time if you can

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I wouldn't count out watching a movie, especially if that's what you'd enjoy doing with him. I ask friends (girls) to watch movies all the time and have no interest/expectation of anything frisky. I've been asked in return too. I usually rely on other signals since watching a movie is fun and completely innocent. As long as you don't use the phrase, "Netflix and chill"... stay away from that!

0|0
    0|0
  • Suggest there is something there you want him to see. It could be something he would take an interest in like a car or something

2|0
    0|0
  • Do you drive?

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't

0|0
    0|0
  • by asking for help

0|0
    0|0
  • "wanna hang out". it's up to you two, to "just hang out". that's why getting together is so risky, cause, you never know how you'll feel once you start hanging out

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Do you know why he doesn't show? Has he actually told you clearly? I was confused...

0|0
    0|0
    • He's really scared apparently about seeing me which I find odd because we've known each other for a while now.

• Show All
    • Meh, "someone told me"... I don't know
      Okay. Let that someone tell him that by not showing up for your dates he's messing up right from the start.
      Do you really like him?

• Yeah I really like him. I know I should move on but I can't :(

• Make say you were planning on watching some movies at home and mention a movie he likes and then if he says he likes that movie ask do you want to watch it with me whenever you were planning on watching it. Or try doing something like that

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes