Do you date with the intention on marrying , or to just be with someone?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I never assume i'm going to get married to someone i'm dating but the intent i have would be long term so if we stayed together i'd hope it would lead to that yes :)

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If I can’t picture a marriage later in my life with her then I wouldn’t date her

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• I date with the intention on marrying, but I don't see anything wrong with people who don't want to get married at all. They could still be dating with the intention of a life long commitment.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would only date someone I could picture marrying.

0|1
    0|0
  • With the intention to marry

0|1
    0|0
  • i date with the intention on being with someone. i know a lot of relationships don't last, so i'm not gonna set a high expectation for myself or for him, but if the relationship is very long term and we both intend on it staying that way, then marriage is not out of the question :]

0|2
    0|0
  • When I was interested in dating, it was with the intention of marriage. I don't believe in premarital sex or shaking up. If nobody is interested in that, why am I going to date somebody with opposite values and goals?

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel like at a certain age it’s good to date without the intentions at going far but also at another certain age there should be a hope to see them in your future. Me being 19 and a college student I doubt I will find my husband now so I can be casual but maybe around 23 I might be looking forward to settling down

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a week away from turning 30. I'm not looking to be someone's girlfriend for the rest of my life. I'm not saying that I want to meet someone and get married tomorrow, but any relationship that I enter into from here on out is definitely I'm definitely going into it with long-term goals on the mind.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think I first contemplate the thought of marriage then if I think there's a chance then I will date them. If I don't see anything with them then I most likely will not date them

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m still young. I’m not worried about marriage right now. If we make each other happy, who cares what happens down the line? But when I’m older I’ll definitely be dating for marriage.

0|1
    0|0
  • Marrying. Because if I'm gonna date someone it means I really really like them, which means I can picture my future with them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 14

• I definitely date with the intention to marry, I don't mess around. If I don't think she is marriage worthy, I'm not going to date her or be in a relationship with her. This of course means, we have shared interests, are like best friends to each other, and everything else that goes along with loving each other.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hey! I date to marry. I've always dated with an intension on marrying the girl I'm with. Except they cheat on me!

0|1
    0|0
  • I date with the intention of having a relationship. Marriage is not even a consideration until a long while down the line.

That doesn’t mean I don’t get bored quickly often, I mean I always start off with good intentions.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do not date and never have. My ex wife and I hung out and enjoyed each others company. And on a whim decided to elope.

Always been honest with women in saying I am happy to be their friend or casual sex but not interested in dating/relationship

My ex wife flipped this on its ear and compelled me to commit to her

0|1
    0|0
  • How the hell can you know if she's marriage material until much later down the line?

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you date with the intent of finding someone you may want to marry. You can never be sure if you want to marry the person you date but dating should be meaningful

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes usually with the purpose of a long term and serious partnership... you can't know where it will lead you but the ultimate intention is hopefully marriage

0|1
    0|0
  • I've done it because i was lonely and that ended badly. Long term intentions the way to go.

0|1
    0|0
  • For me, it has to be someone very special to ever consider something like marriage. I'd consider most people only dating.

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree with the motivational poster attached above.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes