What is the longest amount of time you'd wait for your date to show up?

This is assuming that you're not given any explanation or forewarning that they might be late.
  • I wouldn't wait. If they're not there before/at the same time as me, I'm gone.
  • Up to 10 minutes.
  • Over 10 minutes, but less than half an hour.
    Vote C
  • Over half an hour, but less than 1 hour.
    Vote D
  • Over 1 hour.
    Vote E

67135

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say 20 minutes.

I was stood up in high school - cell phones weren't common or reliable. I think I waited a half hour, called my folks to pick me up, shopped right around there and still watch for her, then left after another 20 minutes of waiting to be picked up. But that was high school.

I had a "friend" who would never show up; would text after about 20 minutes giving a dumb excuse as to why she didn't bother to show up (yet she called me to hang out. Go figure). She'd periodically call me up claiming she missed me (etc)... After about twice where she didn't bother (and it wasn't an emergency), I began scheduling a time and place convenient to me. 20 minutes before a business meeting, usually a few doors down from the coffee place. That way, I could grab something quick, relax, prepare for the meeting, and leave. I didn't feel like I was wasting my time because I figured there would be an excuse. If she actually showed up, great, if not, I was early for a meeting and prepared anyway.

I think 20 - 25 minutes would be it, tops... depending on what the date was. I would probably be texting or calling after 10 minutes, wait five or ten more for a response, then leave. Maybe tell the waiter or barista that if anyone asked, I left after 20 minutes. I might wait in the car for five minutes, but I doubt it.

• Now, if she texted within that 20 minutes and said she had some emergency and would be there (with estimate on time), then I would probably wait. If it was going to be another 40 minutes, I might try to reschedule, or, if not, I'd try to find another place to hang out nearby to wait for some of that time, then come back. - I'd tell her... but my time is important to me, and her never responding/being seriously late is disrespectful.

Most Helpful Girl

• Over an hour, and it happen with one person more then once
    But i am kind of cheating on it i think i have an issue with time flow, like i can just sit around some where, and then notice that 5 hours past, and there birds outside when i am on a bench outside, i can easily just sink into my imagination and hours can pass before i'll even notice

• Lol, that happens to me, too. Sometimes, I completely space out and lose track of time. I've driven myself home on autopilot, with no real memory of the drive itself.

• YaY i am not alone
      Honestly glad to hear that, started to think i maybe one of the only astronauts in these world, and the others all ready got to mars