Take her to an upscale restaurant? Or something more common?

So this is a follow up question to my other one. The girl I like has agreed to a dinner date when I come back from AIT. Now the question is, what to do for dinner. I have this upscale restaurant in mind, but maybe it'll be too much? Should I stick to something smaller and more common? What do most women expect out of their dates?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• Dont spend to much, its early days still and your relationship is not set in stone. Should totally take her on a picnic somewhere beautiful with wine 🍷 id love that, and its also low cost 👍

Most Helpful Guy

• "AIT"? The American Institute in Taiwan? (that's the only AIT I've been to) Or are you stuck on a tiny island in the middle of the Thames River?

It depends on how you think she would react. If she is a foodie, likes to get dressed up in evening wear, and is over 21 (in US) then an upscale restaurant may be memorable for her (and expensive for you). If she isn't really into it, then scale it down. Note that a lot of women dream of going to a fancy place, but feel so out of place there that the thought backfires.

Wherever you choose, make sure it is quiet enough to talk.

• Advanced Individual Training. I'm in the Army National Guard.

Good points. Thanks