Take her to an upscale restaurant? Or something more common?

So this is a follow up question to my other one. The girl I like has agreed to a dinner date when I come back from AIT. Now the question is, what to do for dinner. I have this upscale restaurant in mind, but maybe it'll be too much? Should I stick to something smaller and more common? What do most women expect out of their dates?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Dont spend to much, its early days still and your relationship is not set in stone. Should totally take her on a picnic somewhere beautiful with wine 🍷 id love that, and its also low cost 👍

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "AIT"? The American Institute in Taiwan? (that's the only AIT I've been to) Or are you stuck on a tiny island in the middle of the Thames River?

It depends on how you think she would react. If she is a foodie, likes to get dressed up in evening wear, and is over 21 (in US) then an upscale restaurant may be memorable for her (and expensive for you). If she isn't really into it, then scale it down. Note that a lot of women dream of going to a fancy place, but feel so out of place there that the thought backfires.

Wherever you choose, make sure it is quiet enough to talk.

0|0
    0|0
    • Advanced Individual Training. I'm in the Army National Guard.

Good points. Thanks

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I always find upscale restaurants are too much for a first date. Its intimidating and you feel like you have a lot to prove.

0|0
    0|0
    • Take her somewhere unique. A local restaurant that's an in between. It shows thoughtfulness and it isn't as imposing.

• Definitely go for a nice restaurant.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I would not go upscale right out the bat. Try something nice but not to fancy or expensive so she won't feel uncomfortable.

0|0
    0|0
    • So not totally like 5-star $200 bill...

But just under that somewhere?

• Show All
    • Pick a nice dessert place as well. Always get dessert. Good luck soldier!

• Yes, sir!

• Common restaurant; spending more money does not guarantee you sex

0|0
    0|0
    • Wasn't looking for sex. I genuinely have an interest in this girl. We've had feelings for each other for over a year.

• Show All
    • Regardless spend less. What if you discover she’s not the one; wouldn’t you feel stupid to spend so much money on a failed interview?

• If you have to impress her with a fancy restaurant, she’s. It that into you. You as a person should be enough

• Yeah take her to a good old Taco Bell.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes