Guys, what do you look for in a girl?

I’m a geeky, kind of awkward bookworm... and at 19 I’ve kind of decided I want to be noticed for once by guys... sooooo... Guys, what do you usually look for in a girl?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• geeky awkward bookworms, generally speaking. Don't change who you are to get "noticed", your 19 guys notice you, you just don't notice it. Just keep being you and things will work themselves out.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you for your thoughts... You’re probably right... I mean... I wouldn’t want to come off as fake... So you are probably right about just being myself... I don't know... I just sometimes feel like I’ll be “just the geeky friend” forever... you know?

• here's the thing, if you change yourself to attract some one, then they are not attracted to you but the made up version of you, that's not going to last and your not going to be happy even if it some how did. I get it, I'm not exactly having women throw themselves at me either, but its better to seek quality rather then quantity. A hundred people who only care about your superficial behavior is not something that is going to really make you feel better, but that one that cares about you, the real you? That's priceless. Now as for your statement "just the geeky friend" I'm wondering if this is not directed at a specific person? I would say most issues come from not communicating well enough, women tend to be far to subtle with their "signs" so that could be an issue for you, if your shy then that can make it seem like your disinterested in them or make it far more difficult for them to figure out if your interested in them etc. So does any of that sound like a possible issue?

• Thanks for the MHG!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• I look for someone who isn't overly needy, is willing to put in what they are expecting to get out of a relationship, aren't physically repulsive, and has a personality I can get with. Extra points for being more intelligent than me, and for being into similar books as I am so we can discuss authors, recommend books, and stuff like that.
    Also they need to be interested in some of my hobbies because I can't be with someone who wouldn't want to go camping with me

1|0
    0|0
  • Same interest and for them to respect themself. Last girl I dated didn't have either and it did not end happy for me. I'm clearly a hopeless romantic to I really fell for this girl for her to cheat on me and hide it through guilt tripping me for even talking to my friends all because she didn't respect herself and didn't think she deserved happiness she just let her self be abuse by other guys.

1|0
    0|0
    • ok, I will keep that in mind... Thank you for your thoughts!
      Also, I’m sorry she wasn’t the one and turned out to be a cheater... Hoping that you find another hopeless romantic who you can really connect with (if you haven’t already)!!

• Your kidding been 3 years now and I can't even talk to girls on person lol. Suffer from really bad anxiety and depression. Both together suck and keep me from staying motivated or starting a conversation. I will stand there and have the conversation in my head instead. It's annoying but hopefully I can control my emotions one day. Thanks for being concerned though much appreciated. :)

• For me, just be kind, care about what I have to say while being open, honest and willing to share what's on your mind. I used to be a really quiet, awkward guy, but once I sort of grew out of it and started being more expressive and talkative, I've had a much easier time meeting new people.

1|0
    0|0
    • Hmmm... yeah, that is important stuff... If you can’t talk to someone about things, you typically don’t trust them... so... yeah, that makes sense...
      thank you for your thoughts!

• There's a large variety of guys, as it is in girls case. So some guys (probably same kind as you) will be interested in you.

I personally prefer a down to earth person, in all terms

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your thoughts!

• well if i was to tell you i would rather go for your type your take you time and think thing through and talk it out and help each other and also if your a geeky then you would have most likely find someone you can count on then fight over

1|0
    0|0
    • Fight over?
      Thank you for your thoughts!

• I like the open minded, cheerful (not overly) type of girl.
    And definitely someone that knows what they want!

1|0
    0|0

• For me I don't really look for a type I'm more of a ; Let's see how truthful and how loyal and if you like the male / female for who that person truly is

1|0
    0|0
    • Hmmm, yeah that makes sense... thank you for your thoughts!

• No problem anytime I'll be completely honest with you

• If they're willing to have interesting discussions with you about things that matter. And even things that are silly or edgy or out there.

1|0
    0|0
    • Hmmm... Yeah, that definetly seems important... thank you for your thoughts!

• Kindness, craziness, beauty, cuteness, if she loves kids, sweetness and gentleness, oh and if she loves cuddles lol.😊

1|0
    0|1
  • Just someone interesting, ideally has one or 2 of the same likes as me but not all of them, at that point we are too similar.

1|0
    0|0
    • That and a passion for whatever they're doing

• Hmmm... Yeah, that’s understandable... and yeah, passion is important—do what you love, Love what you do...
      thank you for your thoughts!

• Umm an average look is enough but I need a super nice attitude

1|0
    0|0

• good traits like trusting, loyal, likes sex as much as me or more thats important to me not others, so stuff like that them physicaly usually plus size or bigger and proportionate and also one that likes cooking just cause i hate it like id do it occasionally romantically for them but yea

0|0
    0|0
  • It's about who the guy is where all different sure we all notice a cute face first that's just what catches our attention but your personality and vibes you give may appeal to some guys and not to others just depends

1|0
    0|0
  • Just talk to them and show intrest. Best way to a guy attention and his heart. Truest form to make them fall you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys notice you. U need to notice that. Otherwise try some club stuff

1|0
    0|0
  • Humor is a big selling point. To me that's a great indicator that the person is like minded

1|0
    0|0
  • I like the geeky nerdy type. Withe the sloppy wet horny side

0|0
    0|0
  • Being comfortable in your own skin

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol, I don't know if that will ever be me... But thank you for your thoughts!

• Can't really fall in love with someone if you don't know what yourself needs

• Geeky is awesome, but not bookworm.

1|0
    0|0
    • Not bookworm? Aw... too bad... hmmm... what exactly do you define a bookworm as? And how can you be geeky and not a bookworm?
      Thank you for your thoughts!

• Bookworm sounds like nerds, geeks do and study stuff for sole purpose of curiosity. Maybe u r too a geek and not a nerd?

• One who talks.

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes