Relationship problems?

So I'll go ahead and add this. I'm the type of guy to stay low, keep my opinion quiet, and just stay quiet. My girlfriend is the loud, blunt, and controling type of girl. So she wants me to stand up to my parents for saying something that in my eyes was just a rant and meaningless conversation. I agree with some things aren't good that was said but she went as far to insult both of my parents and say that if I didn't then it was over. I'm just confused and don't want conflict between my parents and her. I've been battling this for over 3 years and it still is going on.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like your girlfriend cares a lot about you hence the frusturation over what your parents say to you. I agree that if something your parents say is bothering you should have a conversation with your parents in a constructive way. Sure, she shouldn't of insulted your parents but just realize that it was out of frusturation cause she doesn't want you to be stressed/sad/mad about what they lecture you on and she's passionate enough to want you to stand your ground. I personally have a very blunt way so i say what i believe, and get frusturated also when people dont stand up for themselves just bc i care so much about that person. hope this helped!

1|0
    0|0
  • She isn’t the type of girl you need to be with. Your personalities are conflicting which will always be a problem and regardless as to whether she felt your parents were right or wrong... you don’t disrespect your partner’s parents. The fact that this is something she feels so comfortable with enough to give you an ultimatum about it shows her lack of compassion, maturity, and mannerism. You disrespect your parents or make a huge deal out of something you feel is nothing because of your girlfriend, if they kick you out, will you be able to stay with her? Doubt it. You’re only 19... you have plenty of time to find someone better

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• You deserve somebody that respects you and your family. Her making you choose between your family, who raised you, over her is a clear sign that the relationship won't last. If you continuously obey her, she will get more controlling. End the relationship with your girlfriend.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes