Is this breaking Girl Code?

This girl I've been best friends with for almost seven years is now dating a guy I have had a thing for for a few months and have been talking to for a while. The only reason I found out was because I walked in on them cuddling and when she saw me she pulled away from him and tried to act like nothing was happening. When I asked my other friends if they were dating they said yeah they had been for a couple weeks and that she had asked them not to tell me. Is that considered breaking girls code? Feel free to elaborate in the comments.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Just a clarification, me and the guy were talking talking, not just like friends. And she knew that we were talking. I feel as though both of them are in the wrong. Her for keeping it a secret and not telling me and him for being a deceitful jackass.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hard one... Ild say no... Because I'm not a believer in not being able to go for someone just because you and a friend like them. The upsetting part tho,... And what I would be annoyed about is the fact she didn't tell you and felt she had to hide it.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Possibly. I was in a vey similar situation with a friend and the relationship ended up breaking down entirely. It was different because she'd known him for two days but I still 'took her man" in her eyes. Two years later we still don't speak.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• If the situation were the same but with 2 guy friends that would definitely be breaking the BroCode. Which isn't cool at all. So I would say yes to your question if girls have something like the BroCode.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sorry, you don't get to exclude your friends from dating a guy just because you saw him first. The guy also gets a choice. You snooze, you lose. If you never approached him, and now he's with your friend, that's your fault, not your friend's fault.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl code? What's the code? Did you tell him that you liked him? Did he respond favorably back?

If not, he's fair game. Even if the answer is yes, he's still fair game. He can choose who he wants. It sucks, I mean I get what you're feeling, but... it is what it is.

0|0
    0|0
    • Per your update: It doesn't matter. I know it really sucks that he chose her, but if they like each other, they like each other.

• I'm not sure about girl code but it definitely doesn't seem classy. I'd b upset too.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, the guy code has a similar rule.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe she is asexual

0|0
    0|0
  • If they felt they had to keep it a secret it suggests guilt, so yep!

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• what a fucking whore ofc it is you have every right to be pissed at her if you want to and you should I’d get revenge on that slutty bitch why would you do that to a friend for so long knowing she liked some new guy and you go with that new guy and tell people not to tell you like wtf kind of slut is that

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had a ex-friend do that to me once. She's not telling you because she knows she's wrong and it would really bother you and make you upset.

1|0
    0|0
  • She could have told you.

0|0
    0|0
  • she's a hoe

0|0
    0|0
  • Were you just talking like friends or were you having something more intimate? If you were intimate then she's not really your friend, she's hidding it because she knows she fucked up, but if you were just friends it's not her fault he preferred her you know

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes