Best friend's boyfriend apparently hates me. So why does he act like this?

So my friend and I got into a heated conversation last night. One of those topics was her boyfriend who apparently doesn't like me coming over and doesn't like that I talk to him about my mental disorder. Keep in mind, dude is a nurse, and has told me (in front of her and she confirmed he said) that he likes knowing more about the mental illness. But she's claiming he hates that I talk about it and that he groans whenever I call. She also said that he tells her I'm stupid.

But this is what's weird. When I'm there, he talks to her like SHE'S the dumb one. He and I talk about politics, education, that type of stuff and when she comments, he like... slows his speech down when he talks to her or will to turn me and say "See, what she doesn't understand..." like she's not even in the room.

I'm not fond of this guy. He's dumped her twice, has been caught talking to girls while still being with her (not lately, but even a year and a half ago, he did this). They want to get married and stuff. I don't know if he knows I don't like him too much, but I can't tell if my friend is making this up or if he really doesn't like me. I don't care if he doesn't, but if she's making it up, why would she do that?
Updates:
Also, she brought up that she didn't like that after the three of us returned from the gym I was talking about my body and what I didn't like about it such as my thighs, chest, and my height (5'2). He was saying my height makes it easier to work out. But I only told him what my former PERSONAL TRAINER said about my shape and he agreed but she said she doesn't like that I talked about that.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems like she is a little jealous of you and him talking to each other. She wants you to think that her boyfriend doesn't like talking to you so that you stop talking to him. You should probably back off a little from him so that she doesn't end the friendship. Just wait it out a little and see what happens.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay how about you let her know that you are not fond of him and you think she should be with a better guy. If you're actually her friend and care about her then be honest and tell her what you think. Do it calmly and tell her you dont want to start a fight let her know you have good intentions you have her best interest in mind.

Also, why dont you go ahead and stop hanging out with her and her boyfriend together. Just hang out with her alone, dont do the whole 3 is a crowd thing.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• What a weird dynamic. From what I'm gathering here, it sounds like he thinks she is dumb and belittles her, but still wants to be with her - not a healthy trait at all. He may be telling her he dislikes you even though he doesn't, just to make her feel like he is more loyal or something. I think his behavior toward her sounds worrying, and that she is being manipulated.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well eventually she is going to have to realize he is a shithead to both her and you

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe she is jealous and is trying to tell you to stop hanging out with them? If that's the case, dump both of them. Not worth the drama.

0|0
    0|0
  • Insecurity, jealousy and feeling threatened are a few reasons why she could be doing it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes