Girls, What do you look for on tinder etc?

So I’ve been on tinder etc for a while, and had no matches whatsoever. From that I decided to get some of what I consider my best photos rated, and have conclusively been rated as unattractive. Obviously from that I feel pretty damn deflated and it largely dents my confidence. What exactly is it you look for in a guy on tinder before even clicking on his profile, what are attractive facial and physical qualities? I know I don’t have the prettiest face in the world, but didn’t think I was super ugly, what can I do to look better? Also, after the initial yes or no swipe, also what do you like on a profile?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Put a picture on your profile of yourselfwith a dog, a cat or some other animal. Laugh in them as well ofcourse. I find myself clicking on profiles including animals faster.
    Make pictures of what you like to do. Show you're a positive person standing in life. Group picture is okay, if the group is not too big.
    And ofcourse, make a nice bio. As what kind of person do you want to look like? If it's a sweet guy looking for something serious, then put in your bio what a nice date would be etc. Be a little romantic.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 20

• I always like joke profiles 😂 Not even going to lie. It's those people have so much more personality than people who put their face out there. Physically I like beer bellies or some obviously toned features because I value strength and good health. Facially, I appreciate thick beards or at least a symmetrical face. Faces that have good smiles are always nice. But if all fails, try wearing red?

2|0
    0|0
  • When I was on tinder I was just looking for people to talk to because I was bored or lonely. I match with a lot of people but I didn’t really go on any dates. Two people I met on tender I ended up dating at separate times and there’s both ended badly so I stuck to just being friends with some people and cutting everybody else off and I deleted the app.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wanted to find a guy who I could date turns out they r all just looking to get laid so I deleted the app

1|0
    0|0
    • I’m so dumb didn’t even answer the question properly cause I didn’t read the info. Uhm whenever I’m on dating websites I just go based off of attractiveness. I KNOW SHALLOW 😩 as long as you’re smiling in ur pics and maybe hanging with friends, have some pics of u and maybe one of ur pets andsome good selfies id swipe right or left whatever way it is

• This is a personal thing because some answers will vary but FOR ME I don't like partying pictures or pictures of you with other unidentified girls, unless it's clearly your mom/grandma.

If all your selfies are in the gym? Pass.
    If they're all partying/frat style? Pass.

I love funny, so throw a meme in there if you want.
    Show your personality in the most undouchey way possible and you'll be good

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe dress nice, maybe smile more... don't know... but don't let it bring you down, lots of accounts are fake anyways...

Maybe they look for sex only...

0|1
    0|0
  • I look for someone I’m remotely attracted to. Usually check to see if their bio includes anything about hooking up, gettin drunk, high, or doing drugs lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • More than just a picture. I don't judge based on appearance, and I'm using it for no strings hookups!

0|0
    0|0
  • Look happy, don’t come up with a shitty bio, make sure to show your face and body and smile

1|0
    0|0
  • I always look at photos that show a genuine smile and bright eyes. All it takes is 1 good quality happy photo.

I don't like partying pictures, rude hand signals, tongue sticking out, snapchat filters, low resolution photos, extreme closeups or too distant.

No urinal selfies, elevator selfies or gym selfies.

A shirtless photo is only acceptable if it's a photo at the beach or by a pool, and as long as it's not the main photo.

Selfies are ok, as long as you're not trying too hard, pouting, trying to look sexy, lying in bed etc.

As for the profile text. There needs to be something that suggests you're unique. Do not copy and paste something witty you've read elsewhere. It doesn't need to be a list of your interests unless your interests are actually interesting!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Similar style of fashion to myself. If he looks like overly fancy or overly casual I dont bother.
    Friendly face

0|0
    0|0
  • A relationship. Which is difficult when it comes to Tinder. So I just go on there to swipe and that's it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t try so hard. Most of the guys on tinder at posing, taking a stupid selfie, or are shirtless. They look dumb and desperate. Have pics of you with a pet.. that helps a lot. Pics of you with family. Pics of you genuinely laughing and having a good time. Pics of you doing a hobby., like hiking etc. just be you. The bio is really important. I have liked guys just for there bio. Show you’re down to earth! Explain what you like to do for fun, and a little of who you are as a person. (Don’t get into to much depth ) good luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • I look for interesting people who will say funny shit that i can screenshot

0|1
    0|0
  • Stubble, dark hair is statistically higher achieving on dating apps, a short well kept but lightly styled hair do (4inch approx), smiling, one shot that shows personality, and put a funny bio and state you're not looking for just sex. You can be a 2 but if you're funny and smell nice you're a 8, try not to comment on (even if a compliment) a girls appearance, or overshare when talking. Get it onto text, fb, or, sc as soon as possible and dont waste time asking for a date. Be confident, fake it until you make it.

0|0
    0|0
  • in my experience, i struggle because many guys just use it as an ego boost and end up never messaging or responding to my message. have 2 good photos. a close up and a full body shot. thats all you need. many guys post photos at gym or of their trucks, its not attractive. Just be yourself. in your description be funny. don't sound like you've been burned by love with a comment about "dont message if just want a hookup" or something. And take time to swipe. don't just aimlessly swipe right on every single profile

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing, I've never been on Tinder.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tinder is not normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • D attitude in d picture says it all

0|0
    2|0
  • A good smiling pic

0|0
    0|0
  • What did your bio say? And what types of pictures did you post?

0|0
    0|0
    • Just a bit of laugh, joking about what what I do in my hobbies and interests, says what I’m looking for and asks to match if you want to know more. Picture-wise, a shot of me smiling with a nice background, a bw selfie (only 1), and a photo of me doing my hobby.

• That sounds like a solid profile. I'm not sure why you aren't getting more responses then.

• Think I must just be super ugly 😂 I give up

Recommended myTakes