Had a dream I cheated on my girlfriend with a girl I know and lied about it to her and I feel bad about it but think I did the right thing?

So me and my girlfriend have been going out for about 6 months now and it’s been going really well and part of that is how open and honest we are with each other. A few weeks ago I had a dream about having sex with a friend who I know I wouldn’t have sex for many reasons including I could never see myself cheating so I was shocked and felt guilty about even having a dream about it. But sex dreams came up in conversation with my girlfriend and she asked when the last time I had one was and I told her. And she asked if it was with her and I told her yes. I feel bad about lying but I also don’t see how telling the truth would go well for anybody and I’m fairly confident if it happened the other way I would prefer her to do what I did because I know she has no control over it and it would give me peace of mind. Thoughts?

10