Should I date a guy who doesn't speak any of the same languages as me?

There is a really hot polish guy I want to date and he smiles around me and seems friendly, but I don't know how to speak polish and he doesn't know any English or German.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Communication is the Foundation of ANY relationship so I won't say not to but this will but a strain on how your realationship progresses (both of you will definitely have to learn at least a bit of the others language) tht way the burden of communication doesn't fall solely on you or him but both of you working together (it could be a fun experience GO FOR IT!!)

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think this is a good idea, because you won't be able to communicate with him.

But on a side-note, I'm laughing at the hypocrisy of the dudes in the comments. They call you shallow, but then they all want the hot women. 😂

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• No. It would be too difficult to try to communicate with each other without a common language, so you'd end up breaking up in frustration (although the other partner might not get it at first...)

1|1
    0|0
  • It’s hard but if you are both willing to learn it can work. My girlfriend was actually my ASL tutor (her first language, my second one) we have been together for 4 years now. Although if you are just looking for sex that’s a lot easier to communicate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can you make the relationship work when you don't speak the same language? If so, go for it, if not, probably not worth the trouble, unless you only want to hook up.

0|0
    0|0
  • u need to understand his culture and lifestyle first. and i think its harder than learning a language to be a common. (( see where u will live together and learn the native language)) it will take 1 week to know the basics. and he must be worth it

1|0
    0|0
  • Just keep on saying pierogi and bigos and everything would be fine haha
    I guess you should date, love is a language itself😉

1|0
    0|0
  • seems fun :D

It's honestly entirely possible and happened more than you'd think especially in the past

1|0
    0|0
  • I have dated women with whom we only knew a few words of each other's language.

Fortunately, hotel and sex sound the same in both languages.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's the point if you can't communicate? Too many English speaking guys in the world...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea. I made a friend who I communicated with through basic sticker messaging on Playstation. Just use a creative form of communication.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seriously unless you're willing to learn his language your him learn yours it's not worth it at the end of the day

0|0
    0|0
  • If you cannot even communicate. Then you cannot really date.

1|0
    0|0
  • What are you talking about. is this for social diversity class?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think u should go for it but it might be really hard till u both learn a mutual language.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless you learn his language, or he learns yours, it will not work out well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gönn dir einfach!
    Wie bist du denn an den rangekommen?

0|0
    0|0
  • I did date girls that way and it can be funny and it can be awkward so go for it:D

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, unless you're doing it for fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • ASK PEWDIPIE. oops, I mean Marziapie.

0|1
    0|0
  • You cannot be serious with this.

1|1
    0|0
  • How exactly do you plan on communicating?

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• so im the only girl that voted yes?
    my parents didn't speak the same language ok, but here I am. both of them learned each other's languages and made it work, now they are married with kids.

0|1
    0|0
    • This shows most of the women today are more concerned with sexual attraction rather than emotional.

• Show All
    • @RohitLakra but if they were only interested in sex then they wouldn't have gotten married and had kids n shit. i know that many people are only interested in sexual attraction, not emotional, but at least not my parents. i think you could have replied with that ugly statement somewhere else, thanks

• I wish I had done that. Sorry for having ugly views.

• how can you date someone when you can't even communicate?

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. You could try to learn each-other's languages together, it'd be fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems like an uphill battle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Communication is the key. Don't.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes