How to meet possible dates?

Sanaen
Hi, I'm 19 and I never EVER had a romantic date with a man (or even a women). I would say I'm quite fine physically, I'm quite smart, I can have intelligent conversation and I feel quite desesperate! I don't wan't to use apps like tinder and to meet peoples in a ''natural'' way. I'm french so I'm in a french university for my studies, I tried to meet new peoples going to some activities that I like, as medieval role play games or some music concerts... i made some ''friends''( more like people i can talk with not to feel alone) but nothing more.
I met a boy, when I saw him, I was like: ok, he is my style, I'm gonna talk to him. I talked to him in a party and we talked a lot, getting drunk together and it was a wonderfull moment for me, for the first time in my life, i could be myself with somebody, i would not say i was in love but I felt complete.
We did nothing sexual, maybe one hour after we started talking, he told me that he was gay and there was no way he could love a girl. ( he is really gay, it is not a kind of weird strategy to seduce girls) I felt a bit sad but we decided to be friends until the end of our studies,(and more) and it is still the case.

But now, how can I meet somebody in my city to be in a romantic relashionship with?
I don't feel myself able to go alone in a night club and i don't have reliable girls friends to go with. Ifeel quite lonely and I think I've been waiting for too long!
Any ideas?
How to meet possible dates?
3
3