How do I tell if my coworker (a waitress) likes me, or if she is just staying in character?

DrgS01
I work in a resturaunt in the back as a disher (im 18 almost 19 incase that matters) and about 4 months ago, a waitress got hired, who for anonimity ill call Tessa (she is 23)... Around a month ago, i started to have feelings for her, but unfortunately due to the fact that she is FoH and im BoH, we dont have a lot of time to talk... Usualy when we see eachother, ill say "Hey tessa how busy is it out there?" (Or something along those lines so i have some form of communication with her... [im an introvert... so even just saying that to her takes a lot for me to do...]) When i can tell she is upset, ill say something more like "Hey tessa, whats wrong?" And she will look at me, smile, and explain that there's crappy costomers, and she is having a hard time or something...

Other times, when i might be out sitting at the bar, if i say hi to her when she is working, on occasion if its not too busy, she will stop to talk to me for a minute, and its always with a smile...

My question is, does 'Tessa' like me, or is she just smiling because its her job/ to regain composure before she goes back out to her costomers...

I really like this girl, and she is extremely attractive, but (due to my insecurities, and me being an introvert) i feel like there's no way that she will like me, and that if she finds out i like her, that she will stop talking to me... for said reasons, i refuse to say anything to her about it incase i completely ruin my chances with her...
0
1