Is it bad that we do not have a label after 2 months of dating?

Anonymous
I have been dating this guy for 2 months, and I always thought that he's serious about dating me:
He introduced me to his parents on Christmas day, and he introduced me to his best friends on New Year's Eve. He plans out romantic dates, and he always call me on the phone to see how's my day going.
But there's one problem - We don't have a label. He has been introducing me as a "friend" in many occasions: to his co-workers, to his parents (although I have a feeling that his parents already knew we're dating). He did tell his best friend about us, and his best friend has been nice and respectful towards me.
When I asked him why does he refer me as a "friend", he responded "We've been only dating for 2 months. I feel like it's still a bit too early."
I'm a bit lost now. I thought he was serious about me through his actions- Then why is he so hesitant to make us official? Thoughts?
13
1