Are sexual preferences racist or not?

Specify if needed
  • Yes sexual preference is racist
  • No sexual preference is not racist
  • Other
    Vote C

1323

Most Helpful Guy

• Not generally, But it you are person that dates exclusively one race, other than your own. that would be a fetish..

What Guys Said 22

• Not quite sure what you mean. I have dated, and have had sex with, women of two different races - white and black. Skin color can add sexual attraction or not, but it is really a question of whether the person perceives the other person as being sexually attractive. Because sexual attraction is an evolutionary process, there is a tendency for men and women to date people of the same race - and this can be, but is not necessarily, reinforced by social differences.

Evolutionists speculate that antagonism between the races is evolutionary in origin. An animal from a different pack, in the law of the jungle, can represent a threat. This instinct is in-built in humans from their primate ancestors. It is not inherently racist. Rather, it is the way the human mind developed to perceive beauty and compatibility.

Beyond that, it is worth noting that rates of interracial dating and interracial marriage have taken off like a rocket since the late 1980s and are reaching new heights. Human sexual behavior, but humans are unique in that, unlike any other animal on the planet, the instinct can be fought.

Racism - as distinct from bigotry - is an ideological hierarchy of races according to some a priori scheme. (National Socialism is the most obvious example.) Generally speaking, it is hard to see, in the interplay of sexual attraction, evolution and socialization, where something as specific as racism could creep into the mix.

• It isn't anymore racist than it is sexist. What a person does with their private parts, is their own business. I don't have to agree with it, but neither does anyone have to agree with my own choices either. No one is owed a relationship.

The people that are claiming it is racist I believe fall into a few groups.
    1 Social Justice Warriors. These people love to call others racist in order to pretend to be more moral than the average person.
    2 Trolls. They love upsetting people and will use just about any means to do it.
    3 Actual racists. They want to find a reason to justify their own feelings of hatred, and have to invent new ways of seeing themselves as being victimized by others.
    4 People that don't respect the sexual decisions of others. If they are okay with something, then they want to assume anyone that doesn't think like themselves must have something wrong with them.
    5 Rapists. They are trying to pressure others into sleeping with people they don't want to sleep with. Can you imagine a girl having her reputation destroyed by being seen as a racist, unless she agrees to spreads her legs to guys that she may not want to have sex with? That sounds kinda rapey to me.

The people claiming this is racist are not good people, and are just creating problems, where no real problem exists.

• Lets look at the definition of racist:
    "a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another."
    Preferring a particular race or culture to engage in sexual activity, I believe, wouldn't fall into the category of showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice. It's a preference. If my sexuality was so awesome, and I was of the mentality that my sexual gift could only be bestowed on Asian girls, because they are superior to any other race, than yeah, that might seem racist.
    But, at the end of the day, it's one person who considers that they want to engage in sexual activity with a person of a particular ethnicity, or race. That's it. Why be offended by that?
    If all of the girls around the world said that Caucasian guys were superior, and therefore no other culture would get any, yeah, that would be racist.
    But that's not reality and that's not the case. If we liken it to our culinary tastes, I prefer dark chocolate. Should all other chocolate get offended because I don't eat the white chocolate. Will milk chocolate feel discriminated against? No, because I don't consider dark chocolate superior... it's just my preference, based on my taste, to like dark chocolate.

• why the fuck y'all mooks keep going on about this? you got 8 goddamn questions and thirtyleven fuckin takes... holy fuck. no one cares

• Yes, sexual preferences can be racist. If someone doesn't like doing doggy style, they must be prejudice against dogs.

• Nope,, You're not obligated to be negrosexual against your will. Or any other nonwhite jagaloon who feels entitled to be sexually worshipped by the white biznatches.

• Is having a hair type preference hairist? (I just invented a new word.).

• The one who needs to specify is you-- what are you referring to, exactly?

• Sexual preference? As in gay or straight? How is that racist?

• no. its just like prefering blondes or brunettes or skinny or curvy.

• Show more from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 13

• Nope, i don't see how attraction is racist.
    Racism is treating someone bad or discriminating them because of there race, not being attracted to someone is doing neither.

• It's about the same as saying that finding certain body types attractive is wrong, or that liking girls only is sexist. I'm so tired of seeing this idea floating around that you absolutely have to be attracted to ALL races, or ALL body types. You like what you like. Why can't we leave it at that?

• It's racist because it sort of does fall under the definition of racism
    There is nothing wrong with it though because you can't control who you are or aren't attracted to

• Nope.

• Ermmm how can you even link both things haha

• not at all, everyone has a preference

• Nope

• GOSH NO

• Check the dictionary sigh...

• You haven't checked it yet?
      You are a meme and a pathetic attempt at it. Grow up.

• Not racist

• Show more from Girls
    3