Which Is More Important: Physical or Intellectual Attraction?

Which Is More Important: Physical or Intellectual  Attraction?
  • Physical Attraction
  • Intellectual Attraction
  • Neither
    Vote C

2235

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, it really depends. People looking for one night stands or just a quick dating really look at the physical appearance, as that would be more important. Although people who look for serious, long term relationships should go for the intellectual attractions as that would be more important. So it really depends on which dating path you wanna go for.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a less obvious question than you might think - and had their been one I probably would have taken the "Both" option. As a general rule, however - and there are MANY exceptions - physical attraction is more important to start.

However, the relationship will never last if the intellectual attraction is not there. The first time I saw my girlfriend, I was like - "WOW!! I have to meet that gal!!!"

However, over her time, her humor, our shared interests, her gentleness, the way she rolls her eyes, smiles, and gives me a gentle pat on the cheek whenever I get on my high horse about something... Those are the things that keep me with her - over ten years and three children later - and make me want to be a better person for her.

Her physical beauty caught my attention. Her "intellectual" qualities are what keep me around and make me want to try harder to be a better boyfriend and father than I am.