What are the odds of dating someone who is financially secure and also compatible with you?

Is it likely that the rich guy you're dating is probably not going to be a match for you?

725

Most Helpful Guy

• I am rich, and my relationships have all been good.

There is some fraction of people in the world with which you can live happily ever after. There is also some fraction of people who are financially successful.

All you have to do is to combine your dating pool to the intersection of those two sets. Suppose you are a devout Catholic, so you decide you won't date a Moslem man. No one would blame you for that. So, simply decide you won't date a man unless he is successful or on his way to become so.

Just as you would interview a dating candidate for compatibility of religion (using my example, as though you are religious yourself), interview them for financial compatibility.

Be aware that the competition for wealthy men is intense. That is why you often see us with models, actresses, and wealthy women. Everyone wants to catch us. Therefore, you need to make yourself attractive to them. Get an excellent education, say from a top 10 university*, maybe think about grad school for an MBA, PhD, JD, or MD. Keep your body in great shape, win a beauty pageant. If you do these things, then dating a wealthy man is easy.

*The chances of meeting someone at a top 10 university who will someday be rich is very high. ALL of my classmates from college that I know about are currently millionaires. I am considered "Very High Net Worth", and I am not anywhere close to some of them.

• Basically the same thing I was saying in greater detail, well said.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think that becomes more possible the older you get. Someone who's in their late teens, even early 20s- it'll be hard to find someone financially stable because most people are still figuring out what they want to do. So you can go older, but then personalities and interests may not line up... but I think once you get to late 20s, early 30s- you'll have an easier time of finding both compatibility and financial security.

What Guys Said 24

• If you stay with someone long term, it is unlikely that their financial situation will be consistent the whole time. So fi they have plenty of money now, that doesn't mean they always will, and if they are low income now, that doesn't mean it will always stay that way either.

You are better off finding someone you are compatible with regardless of their finances. If you put priority on money, at some point your relationship will almost surely end.
    Usually, people that value finances too much are VERY disloyal, and if someone comes upon hard times, they quickly leave. They value money more than the person.
    That is one reason why men should never get married. If the woman truly values them and not their money, she won't need a legal agreement allowing her to take money from him.

• I agree that one shouldn't marry someone for money alone, however money is extremely important in a relationship. Love alone cannot pay bills and one of the most commonly cited reasons for divorce is money. Poverty causes stress and overall life dissatisfaction given that you would be working twice as hard just to afford things such as a $30 tube of mascara or a season pass to Six Flags, which is pocket change to a lot of people. For someone who wants to live a more comfortable lifestyle, needs won't be met and it'll just be a disaster in the long-term. Of course, there are couples who could care less about being poor and they are the exception, but poverty does cause misery for most people. Most people who claim that money doesn't matter have never experienced poverty.

Very few people go from rich to poor and very few poor people become rich.

I believe that one should marry someone they love AND who can provide them financial stability since love doesn't conquer all.

• Perhaps they were broke while they worked their asses off in school and obtained a rewarding career afterwards, unless they inherited their wealth. However, statistically speaking, MOST people who are impoverished stay within their class. Very few people go from making $25k a year to $100,000+.
      There are other ways of contributing to the relationship besides bringing money to the table. Men don't necessarily expect women to be the providers unless they're poor or into that whole feminist movement. Especially if he's wealthy himself.
      In case you didn't realize, providing emotional support and performing household duties are ways of contributing to the relationship; hence it wouldn't necessarily be an unbalanced relationship. Money is important to me, however I'm not going to financially support a man as I'm a traditional chick. In case you didn't know, relationships in the 1950's operated that way and they worked perfectly.

• It is true that if you don't have much to offer to a rich man besides good looks, you'll be disposed of easily. Just like any guy would. However, every man has different needs, wants, and values. There's no right or wrong type of relationship that is a one size fits all. A traditional guy like my father takes pride in taking care of his partner and didn't expect my mother to put in a dime.

It's all about preferences. You should do whatever you believe is right for you. Just because you believe that love conquers all doesn't mean that it does or that other people are wrong in believing that it takes more than just love to make a relationship work long-term.

• Odds are good if you only date guys who are secure...

Also at your age you can run into guys who are not secure yet but will be in the future. Like guys training to be doctors, architects, etc.

• Apply the rule of three here. The rule goes something like this:
    a man can be beautiful, rich or your soulmate. To be in a happy relationship, the man can only have any 2 of those characteristics. Found a man with just one and you'll be very unhappy. A man with all 3 is a Unicorn: he don't exist.

• How do you define a soulmate, beautiful, and rich? A guy can be beautiful to me, but not to other girls. A guy can be rich, but not rich enough to other people. A guy being rich and respectful/loyal to me may be my soulmate, but not to a girl who wants the "bad boy" ratchet, gangster type.

I agree that the perfect guy doesn't exist. Everyone has flaws. However, it's certainly possible to find those who have the most important characteristics to you.

• @Slushmuffin Who?

• Depends on you in the end. If you have no goals and just leech off of him it's likely he'll leave you. If you're dating him for his money and have nothing going on in your life he's going to dump you eventually, or at least he's not going to have any respect for you whatsoever and cheat

• Wanting a traditional type of relationship is not "leeching off of him". One can contribute to the relationship in ways that don't involve me being the provider. I. e. He goes to work and pays the bills, I go to work, take care of the house, do his laundry, cook for him, etc...

I would never date a man JUST for the money. I want love and financial security. Although, I agree that if you have nothing more to offer besides good looks, you're easily disposable. But, that's not what we're talking about here/

• If money is the main thing you see in a guy, then you are probably unsuitable for a relationship. A man can make millions and still be unhappy. Imagine a family of rich folks who are unhappy, because the money was the reason you fell in love. More than likely, that rich guy doesn't know what the struggle is like. Maybe he has no street-smarts. Perhaps he has no skills, so he hires someone to do everything for him. Or maybe he works his balls off, hoping that he gets that promotion to support a woman who doesn't want him just for the moola.

• Are you hooking up or he presents you as his girlfriend to his family and social circle?

• It’s a fact that most divorces and break ups are caused by financial problems and fights over money. Also financially secure or successful people tend to have different values when it comes to money. Finding a match and having a successful relationship might be pretty hard but not impossible. I think it would be best if you worked to become financially secure yourself first. It does not mean that you have to be rich but just responsible with money.

• Honestly it is better to be happy with a person you are compatible with, than to be rich and unhappy. Buying things won't make you happy. Joy comes from family and community.

• You can be compatible with a rich person. Rich people are lovable people too.

• I'm not saying that your worth depends on how much money you make, but if you want to have a relationship with someone who wants the old-fashioned type of relationship, you need to make enough to support yourself and your wife. That's money matters to me.

• That is good thst you feel that way. So to answer your original question. It might be possible but it would be part to find. As long as you and your spouse communicate and are both will to compromise and work as a team. You can accomplish anything.

• In these days funding some one financially secure is hard enough, but if you're both willing to meet each other halfway you should be fine

• I don't want to meet someone halfway.

• Relationships are all about compromising you and your partner can never agree on everything, so it will come down to that. Find someone you really like and anything else be damned

• It's very rare, according to Forbes list and world population estimates, 1 in every 3.7 billion people is billionaire. And with respect to a study in UK by Buckus, the chance of finding love is 1 in 285,000 people. So combining gives a very low statistical result.

• When you say financially secure you mean wealthy like living off intrest or you mean has shit together pays all bills?

• He is wealthy.

• As long as you offer honesty loyalty and love I wouldn't care what you brought to the table but those are what I want him I don't know

• I don't know. I sense I never would. When I see a question like this I just get confused. It's obvious money has influence on some people, corrupting me, but is it a rule? Hey, he might be a normal person.

• The question is whether it matters to you so long as you get to spend the money?

• Yeah never gonna happen in the real world.

• high if u look in the right place

• If he's rich, don't let it get to your head. Rich guys get their pick of girls. You might just be the flavor of the month because he *knows* he can pull that kind of thing off.

• It's just that people are always saying that it's impossible to find "the perfect" match.

• That's what guys hate about women.

• If your financially secure as well, then pretty good.

• My guess is low.

• No odds in this

• It all depends on where you are looking.

• Thats up to you, being rich has little to do with compatibility

• That feel when girls only value money

• I don't only value money. Although love alone can't make a relationship work.

What Girls Said 6

• If you date someone for their money it’s unlikely that you’ll be compatible.

If you date someone for who they are, but they’re also financially secure, that’s luck. Not many people out there who value morals and personality over money.

• I believe that both love and money matter. Money is important in a relationship among other factors that love alone cannot conquer.

• Hmm as long as you don't define financially secure as rich, then I think you have good odds of finding a man who has a stable job and you are compatible with.

• How do you define rich quantitatively?

• @WalterRadio I answered the askers question of what are her chances. In regards to the talk with you, we have different opinions on needs and wants, what's extravagant and what isn't. I'm not worried about what what you think is needed or not, what you make, or your philosophy on women. Lol asker asked me my opinion then you had to jump in and tell me my opinion was wrong based on how YOU like to live?

• "as long as you don't define financially secure as rich"
      And then when asked to quantify it, you made it clear that you define financially secure as struggling.

I am merely informing you that you have no clue of what financially secure or rich means.

• You typically get along best with people who have similar interests and experiences so finding a "rich" guy if you have no couth is highly unlikely.

• What do you by "no couth"? Do you mean that a rich guy won't get along with someone who doesn't belong to the same class?

• You just made it sound as if I, as a poor person, could never get along with a rich person because I have no class or manners. I apologize if that wasn't what you meant.

In regards to my question about interracial relationships, I just wanted to get an idea of how you perceive cultural differences and if you also thought that such relationships are destined to fail or not be taken seriously.

• Like I said, money has nothing to do with class but it will afford you different experiences. I believe that can play a role in relationships with cultural differences as well. With that said, depending on how large the social/culture gap is, I think it's possible but not extremely probable for these relationships to work long term.

• Chances get slimmer as you get older. You are also better off to be successfull at finding a rich man if you are intelligent, hot , and work at a great company

• I wouldn't judge by his financial situation, age, race, religion.. being rich only means he's capable which is a great thing. Get to know him better and you will know! Good luck, xoxo.

• Is it unrealistic to believe that a rich dude would be compatible with me? It's just that rich dudes are a dime a dozen and it seems a bit too good to be true that this would be the case.

• It's totaly not unrealistic, why would it be. If you're taking care of yourself, look decend and have decend personallity, what you lack? Just need confidence, don't let that guy just because of insecurity, I know what I'm saying so: GIRL GET THAT GUY :)) :*

• Depends where u look