How to confront a liar?

So I met this guy on a dating site and long story short I recently found out he’s in a relationship. So he basically lied pretending he was a single man when we met. I have not confronted him yet, and I want to do this without all the extra “drama” and handle it like a mature adult. I could easily ghost him but I feel like that’s letting him get away with it and too easy. If you were in my shoes, what would you say to this person? How to confront a liar?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Confront him with what you know about him and take things from there
    yes he should be told just how you feel about things. No matter how
    much you know about his actions you need to let him know and turn
    the tables on him.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you, I have decided this is the best thing for me to do. I went back and forth on this and I can’t let someone involve me in this situation and say nothing, it’s simply not right.

• Thank you for Most Helpful Guy :D
      Hope that my advice helped you

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• GHOST HIM. CONFRONTATION WILL DO NEVER ADD ANYTHING GOOD TO YOUR LIFE. STOP WORRING ABOUT REVENGE AND RELEASE THE LIAR AND YOUR DESIRE TO NOT LET HIM OFF EASY... FORGET ABOUT IT. WALK AWAY CLEAN. "VENGENCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY SAITH THE LORD". LET IT GO AND THE MORE YOU HAVE THE CONSIDERATION TO WALK AWAY CLEAN FROM AHOLES THE EASIER IT GETS... YOU WILL END UP HAPPIER!!! CONFRONTATION NEVER WORKS OUT GOOD.

1|0
    0|0
    • You’re right, this is the stuff I try to avoid, it never ends well and most likely blame will probably be placed on me because liars never take responsibility for their actions

• Option 1:
    String him along. During your date, take a picture with him using your phone. Have your phone ready for a selfie with him in the background Pour wine all over his head, take the selfie, then leave immediately. Frame the before/after picture and post it on dating sites.

Option 2:
    Don't bother. If you found out that he's looking to cheat, he can use that against you to say that you've been stalking him. Or he could be in an open relationship with his partner.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say shit to him I would tell her he's being a cheating bastard and give her all the information so she can decide if she wants to stay with the song bitch. Because when someone is cheating on their spouse It can actually put the spouse in danger of catching STDs and maybe even stuff that's worse. That is the reason why I will never cheat on anyone I ever date.

0|0
    0|0
  • U choose wrong person which ur fate haunted by urself. Good lesson for this kind of items whn you come across. Just forget about them he try to make you fool but actually he lost your trust making himself fool. Just say cheap products comes with discount like you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless this guy had sex with you, in which case he deserves to be ratted out to his wife, you should simply ghost him and move on rather than wasting time and energy on a jackass.

0|0
    0|0
  • The most mature and adult way? Difficult... "hey John, I found out you're in another relationship, do you have anything to say?" *listen* "Sorry, Im not looking for that right now" or "Oh, I didn't realise... thanks for clearing that up, more wine?"

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him simply you are disgusted by this and he is the worst type of person what are u looking for to get out of this though

1|1
    0|0
  • he'll just continue doing this to other unsuspecting women. UNLESS you let his significant other I know about it. just making some bogus account on Facebook or wherever you saw his SO and send her screen shots of him lying his ass off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go ahead and tell it to their face, the less desirable approach is to just play them till they slip up

1|0
    0|0
  • depends on the context. If it is some bellend on a dating site, just block. If it is in real life from one of meaning to you. Eyeball to eyeball and call them out

0|0
    0|0
    • If i had not been involved with this person for five months I would let it go, I feel like I need to say something.

• Well jokingly start of by saying Bob is there something you'd like to take off your chest? Cause I sure do. If he don't man up. Just blast him with the truth in his face.

0|0
    0|0
  • Collect evidence to show it to him and then ask him again.

1|0
    0|0
  • You confronting him isn't going to change much. It may make you feel a little better, but it will be short lived. If you can't resist a little revenge, I suggest this: String him along a little, make him believe he is charming the pants off you. Stroke his obviously fragile ego. Then make a simple text/call and tell him that he is a pathetic piece of shit coward, who you want NOTHING to do with. He is willing to ruin multiple lives because he can't be faithful. Etc.
    I suppose if you wanted to go real ghetto you could inform his SO about his activities... good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Id jst straight ask him i found this and that. I think composure is the key jst ask him in a nonchalant manner.

0|0
    0|0
  • For best results get a male friend to be with you when u wanna confront him and put his ego on the ground, ego people can get abusive

0|0
    0|0
  • Get a male friend that kick the piss out of him

Jus kidding blackmail him with telling tye truth and ask for favors instead

0|0
    0|0
  • That s pretty common. Well, a relationship can be an ego push. Then you think you greatest and try to get some extra enjoyment.

0|0
    0|0
  • get him out your life he has lots of other girls on the go

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not confront him just leave and ghost him.

1|0
    0|0
  • False news. It's all false news.

0|0
    0|0
    • Unfortunately this is very much real

• What would I do? I'd tell him to fuck off, and walk away. Don't bother trying to make a point. Liars lie. It's like Trump. We have actual *videos* of him saying one thing, and then a week later saying the opposite. Does he admit that he lied? Hell, know! He just says it's "fake news."

• Sorry, brain burp. No not know 😂

• Directly

0|0
    0|0
  • u r lier

0|0
    0|0
  • Why waste you time even doing that?

0|0
    0|0
    • I actually went back and forth on this thinking it would be a waste also, but I feel like I can’t allow someone to disrespect me and I not call them out on it, I have too much respect for myself

• An ego will get you in trouble... Just know when to stop beating a dead horse

• I hear you but personally it really just boils down to respect for me

• Meet him and tell him so that he feels ashamed in front of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fight him and beat him, for justice.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Did you have sex with this man?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, we had a physical relationship as well

• Well I would be pissed also. Dating sites are full of married men looking for casual sex. I would tell him you knew and if he contacts you again... you will tell his wife.

Recommended myTakes