Is anxiety a turn off?

As in a disorder I guess, it’s something you can’t help. Would that prevent you from committing to a relationship with a girl?
  • Turn off
    Vote A
  • It’s fine
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• The love of my life suffers from anxiety. It can be debilitating at times. It can throw off an entire day, even a weekend. So what? It is what it is and it doesn't lessen my love for her. We deal with it and move on. And we're doing pretty damn good, too. I know I'm happier than I've ever been and it's all because of her, anxiety and all.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all. I'd like to be with someone with anxiety or depression because I'd be able to understand them easily and they'd understand me. We'd bond so well. One of the things that attract me most are people with strong emotions and these types of people really have a lot of emotion.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• It depends on the whole person. I'm extraordinarily patient, so if she has some really good qualities, I'd probably be willing to try it, but I would have to talk to her first to make sure he is aware of my concerns and what she can do to make things work better.

1|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend has anxiety. Sometimes it's really hard but we managed to live like this. I support every moment she needs and we are constantly talking about her feelings.

2|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how severe honestly. If you need my help to work through some minor to medium level of anxiety, fine. But if it's constantly at the forefront of everything, I'd be less likely to be as ok with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not fine or a turn off. I've had it and went through a lot of negative times in my life.

People who never had it will never understand.

It's not a turn off... i'd love to be the guy to help her get through that, the one to help change her life and find happiness.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can get in the way, but it doesn't prevent you loving someone.
    If anything you bond in helping to overcome it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sorry, but people saying it isn't a turn off have probably never suffered from it. Anxiety can take many forms, and personally I've had it had, but not the worst. People don't generally want to get involved with you if you are sweating, shaking and not wanting to make eye contact, and from my perspective, neither was I, I wanted out of it. I would say that finding someone in an environment that makes you anxious is going to be a hell of a lot more difficult than one where you aren't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Often it improves your emotional aspect of relationship; as far the other side finds its demanding somehow rewarding.

1|0
    0|1
  • Unfortunately for me yes. I can't deal with walking on eggshells 24/7, knowing that the slightest inflection of my voice can send her into a panic attack. Been there, done that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not see an issue in that. Most of my female friends have either anxiety or depression and I like helping them to cope.

I have mild depression too so sometimes it is easier to see how people with such disorders view the world.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything spelling trouble is a turnoff if it's a deal breaker or not is another matter, but it's a turn off for sure like a hundred other kinds of issues are.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you think it’s a dealbreaker? ... it just really sucks having a disorder like this that you really can’t help to any degree. And people thinking you’re not relationship worthy because of it...

• Hardly any "one thing" is a deal breaker for me, anxiety is a minor turn off no biggy, but obviously, I'll prefer my partner not having any issues at all. But not, it's not a dealbreaker.

• Yes, that's a real turn off, because it makes you be driven by instinct bypassing intelligence.

0|2
    0|0
  • Most adults are not willing to babysit another adult. Period.

0|1
    1|0
  • Depends how much, there's a point when you feel more like a carer than a partner.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends. I try to be patient but my patience can wear out eventually.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fine to have anxiety. I don't see it being a deal breaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, would love to take care of someone like that

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I got some anxiety too so it'd be pretty hypocritical of me too complain about it, no?

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's right it's right and everything else looks after itself

0|0
    0|0
  • At the very worst we'll have something in common 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Its freaking hot

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• Not to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its fine. You can prove more that you love her and there is somebody loving her. You can prove her that no matter what she has you are there to keep her, loving her. That's what can make them feel better.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a turn off for me
    I could date a guy who has anxiety

0|0
    0|0
  • If I love him it's not

0|0
    0|0
  • It is fine. We all have

0|0
    0|0