Why do men fear rejection?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's natural because it hurts you as in your purpose in life; rejection inmating is a rejection of who that person is.

0|0
    0|0
    • Explain in English please.

• Show All
    • It's like answering an ad for a job and then getting an interview; that is better than answering the ad and them telling you hell no

• Oh i get it now. Thanks again. you're so wise. Its crazy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do you fear rejection, dandie?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 33

• I donโ€™t think fear is a good word. I think men find rejection unpleasant, but women are also the same way. This brings me to another thought: Why are women much afraid of rejection? Iโ€™m sure women see men everyday that they find an attraction to but never approach. No one likes getting rejected, man or woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • People don't like rejection because they've gotten excited about being with someone and have perhaps idealized them. It hurts to lose out on that, especially if you thought you really had a chance with this person.

I think it's worse to fear rejection to the point it prevents or delays you from asking someone out you like than to actually be rejected. You get over rejection eventually, and as you get older it doesn't bother you as much, or maybe not even at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • The truth is, EVERY HUMAN fears rejection, as a natural instinct you want to feel that you're part of a society or a group, do you want to be accepted, it is very common to ask for validation nowadays, and this is wrong, but that is the behavior caused by all the media and society pressure.

0|0
    0|0
  • To be rejected is to be deemed unworthy. It is unnatural to not shy away from the things you have no control over yourself. This is also why they say it takes a lot of courage to confess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone fears rejection. The idea you aren't good enough for someone. Women fear rejection just as much as a guy and they handle rejection just as bad as a guy

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree with the other comments, it's not just men. When the subject of women making the first move has come up, I have seen women cite rejection as their primary reason for not doing so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not the fear of being rejected its the fear of being judged for me.

0|2
    0|0
  • It takes a lot to must the courage for men to approach women. It's hard to judge women and usually when a guy gets rejected, it's fairly cold at times and public.

But I don't really fear rejection anymore. I've learned that you won't win every heart or most over and women have their ideal guy in mind and you are probably not going to be it unless you are attractive enough and in a status that you are able to attract the majority. That's a small percentile of men as well. I do find that I am attractive and can attract the opposite sex, which suits me fine. I just don't expect every approach to work out successfully.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only men fear rejection?

I thought every person who wants a connection with another person would fear rejection...

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont fear rejection. I welcome it. Its a learning experience. I have told girls that i knew didn't feel the same. It helps me move past it and act more as a friend. I could say a lot more about this, but it would be off-topic. But its as others say. Its Human to fear rejection. Everybody wants to love and be loved. If you dont "love" yourself, ofcourse you dont want others to confirm your thoughts about yourself. If you love yourself, ofcourse it can be hard to accept that othes don't see the great you that you see

0|0
    0|0
  • It's genderless, it affects you, people would rather live a fantasy version of themselves then find out what the world really thinks of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • for me fear of rejection only in case of love... actually in love i feel fear because if she rejects I will loose a good friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody likes rejection but it's part of the dating process. We either suck it up and keep trying, or we give up and be lonely.

0|0
    0|0
  • People in general fear rejection because it hurts your self esteem and confidence makes you feel like you're not as desirable

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it feels very, very bad.
    Feel like an idiot for trying and for the wasted time that i spent trying to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Makes you feel inadequate I assume, I wouldn't know

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont

although it does demotivate you after a while

0|0
    0|0
    • Why and in what way?

• Show All
    • the last girl i wanted to fuck but i could see a relationship. mainly fucking (grocery store girl)

really wanted to fuck this other girl. her body was fucking sexy. still with a possible relationship in the back of my mind (crazy girl with red hair)

Mainly wanted a relationship with this girl i went to Highschool with. I knew what she was like and enjoyed her personality for the most part. (HS Crush)

The more you know someone the more you want to be in a relationship with them and the less you know them the more likely chance that you just wanna fuck them

• Makes complete sense bro. Thanks again. It was really helpful. It answered a lot for me.

• Reckon I don't. I do hate wasting my time on someone that won't want me though.

0|0
    0|0
  • that fears making us most clever, personality, manner and think a lot before do what we wanna do

0|0
    0|0
  • It's my personal opinion. That I dear rejection that I even loose our friendship with her

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • If you take these social networking sites in good scenes. It's good. And if you take them in bad scenes bits bad then

• at least you can follow me here

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 2

Recommended myTakes