Does music taste affect your attraction to a partner?

Does someones music taste mean a lot to you in a relationship? Random photo i took 🤦🏽‍♂️Does music taste affect your attraction to a partner??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't mean much to me, no. Having a common taste--or, even better, a shared burning hatred--for certain music can make someone I'm already attracted to /slightly/ more attractive, but someone's taste in music will never be a deal-breaker or deal-maker.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• To me, it doesn't really matter. I you really fall in love with someone, then music is just a tiny detail. It's great to share the same passion of music, but it is not the end of the world when it doesn't. To me though, I like to listen to old music, from 1950s to early 2000s, so it's kind of rare to find people who do like I do. So I tend not to depend a lot on the music "factor", but more on the appreciation of each other, and which other music she might like. There's always one song that could be liked, if you're open to it.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• No. I think my boyfriend listens to shit music and he doesn't like my taste in music either. But we do agree on hating mainstream crap.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s nice if my partner enjoys my music taste. But it doesn’t affect how much I’m attracted to him/her.

0|0
    0|0
  • nah as long as they dont listen to cringe worthy headache inducing EDM 24/7

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys who listen to Jazz or Metal are 5x hotter

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't mean a lot but it is a factor

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really.

0|0
    0|0
  • It helps me connect to a guy a lot. I’d rather listen to music than watch tv.

0|0
    0|0
  • It helps, but it’s not that important.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Igor Stravinsky. The harmony is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of modal interchange, most of the counterpoint will go over a typical listener's head. There’s also Stravinky's atonal outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Rimsky-Korsakov literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these compound rhythms, to realise that they’re not just groovy- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Igor Stravinsky truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Stravinsky's Firebird Suite, “Re Mi Fa So Mi Do Re,” which itself is a cryptic reference to the Jazz leitmotif, 'The Lick.' I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Igor Stravinsky’s genius wit unfolds itself on their local performance venue. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rite of Spring tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I cannot be with someone who is into EDM. Being a fan of rock music, lyrics, sounds, techniques-they all need to make some sense to me, like something is happening or has happened and that is what this song is about. I can't give that in most of the "EDM bangers".

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes...

I remember the moment a few years ago, I turned up electronic dance music and my girlfriend stand there and makes this elbow-straight arm move...

0|0
    0|0
  • My girl listens to fucking disney music lmao. Still attracted to her.

2|1
    0|0
  • Meh not really, I mean its cool if you can jam out to the same stuff but my taste is so diverse there's always ALWAYS an overlap so its never mattered

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I like all music except weird shit. Music is really imortant to me rn so even if they just like stuff on the charts thats cool

0|0
    0|0
  • It is not necissary, but for me it would be a slight issue if we have different tasts because i listen to a lot of music.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. If she listens to "urban" genres of music, I doubt I'd be interested in her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean u don't really see a metal head with a jazz enthusiast

0|0
    0|0
  • no i don't really care what a girl listens to

0|0
    0|0
  • It would certainly help

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes