Anyone else who doesn't really feel hype of being in a relationship?

I don't really feel the need to be in one. Maybe someday, but not now. I've been in one before, I've even been in love, but it's not really something that I feel completes my life. If it doesn't happen soon, it's fine with me. Settling down isn't really on my mind right now. I enjoy self-company. Can anyone relate? I sort of feel like society exalts the idea of being in one, when it isn't really a necessity to me.

2|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really like going to parties and large groups and all that, I very much enjoy the time I have to myself.
    In all honesty I don't really care about anything that happens socially, I just want to get by for now.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly a mam has never made me happy, I'm sick of being the only joy giver. Lucky for me career and money has always been more important. The only thing I want from them is sperm and I can't afford a child right now, so it looks like I'm good with being single.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Nobody should "need" to be in one. That's perfectly healthy. However as you get older the desire changes. You social life becomes a lot less interesting and money opens up a lot of options for new experiences. It is really nice to have someone to share that with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do understand your feeling. I have a girlfriend right now even though I feel like I don't need one. I care for her great late but I don't think that I'm going to settle down anytime soon. She's talked about moving in with me and I've seen it more of a roommate situation but I think for her it's a little bit more. Life's challenges I guess LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm surprised by his many people are freaked out because they are not in a relationship. I'm so glad I didn't feel that way and was able to take care of important things when I was younger so I can do whatever I want whenever I want now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Take your time you will know when the time is right it's not some kind of race but if you ever had a dream about marriage then you might keep your eyes peeled since it does get harder the older you get.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm the same way, it's perfectly fine in today's age

1|0
    0|0
  • yea just chill if you want to chill. I dont get the hype either. when you feel the need to settle down, do it then

0|0
    0|0
  • Smh I'm not gonna say much..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeh u are right its an unnecessary baggage

0|0
    0|0
  • nahhhhh

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • I cannot relate!

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I agree wholeheartedly!! All my life I've never even once had a 'crush.' Sure I've been attracted to people before, but I never did anything about it because I never felt the need to do so. I see all these people that are getting into relationships, saying they love each other, and then breaking up a few months after.. stuff like that really deters me from relationships. Anyways, you are most definitely not alone. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you're young, no need to rush things.

For me, I've never felt that pressure to be in a relationship, when one happens it does, I enjoy it until I don't any longer. My friends call me the Brad Pitt of women, as in I'm into someone until I'm not. It's a joke we have.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had the same thoughts but now its been almost two years since I broke up with my ex boyfriend and Im starting to feel like I need someone whos always there for me, who loves me for who I am, whos smart, loyal and also great in bed. Feeling in love is an amazing thing that Im missing badly, but of course I can't force anyone to be like this, Ill just have to keep waiting for him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being in a relationship was never my priority. I knew it would happen at some point but I never actually sought out someone. I just happened to stumble upon the most amazing person on earth in college and we've been dating ever since. It's been almost 2 years and I see a happy future with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I can relate. I used to wanted relationship (when I was younger) but now I have grown up and realized that I like to be alone and the idea being in relationship feels wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • You haven't met the right person, then. I felt the same way before I met my boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can relate, the whole dating thing just stress me out so i preffer to be alone

0|0
    0|0
  • theyre overrated af

1|0
    0|0
  • You're not alone.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes