Is being a single father a turn on to women?

A man that has full custody of his kid is that somthing a real woman looks for a man that can take care of himself his kid and his woman

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not in my experience.
    Since women judge men by the worst of us, most think your just looking for a replacement mom and the kid didn’t fit into her fantasy she’s been dreaming since her first Disney movie.
    You will also face many women who assume your a monster at a playground, teachers and school staff who only try to deal with the mom and ignore you and even female family members who assume you are a shitty parent just because your a guy.
    When it comes to work- bosses who expect you to dedicate your time to work and leave the kids to mom to raise.
    Society criticizes you for being a man and therefore not a good parent and yet you will be penalized at work for having responsibility to your kids.
    And if you need help: there is none. As I’ve actually been told: there is no funding to help men, all the funding goes to women in need.
    Sorry dude, it’s just a difficult clime from here up.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Most girls in their early 20s fail to see the value in what you described, not because there isn't any value but more so they're too busy dating the wrong guys and keeping up with fashion trends or going out to parties or whatnot and not just that but they don't have the experience that would push them towards acknowledging the significance of the role you're playing not only to push yourself but also managing to care for your child at the same time. It takes a woman (notice how I said woman and not girl) to appreciate that in a man, and once you do find that woman... which you will, that is the woman you should allow into your life, because only she will know how to adapt and go about building a healthy relationship with you.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Simply because I don't like children in general, it's a turn off. I'm not ready for children to be a part of my life no matter how great the guy would be.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It's sad to know that he's conceived a child out of wedlock and now the child will be forever torn emotionally. Unless he was married and is widowed. It's not attractive or a turn on. Being able to take care of himself and his children is overall a necessity. Every woman may not have that compacity to raise another woman's child. Just like every man may not have that compacity to raise another man's child. It doesn't make anybody a 'real woman' to look at a man because he has a child and take care of himself also. It's flawed reasoning. There must be purpose and desire to be part of his life and the child's life.

As a person who grew up in a blended family, I overall warn against this if you cannot be responsible for it. Because if this woman decides to merge herself into the family and take on stepmother role, she has to realize that she holds no legal authority over the child. The father does. I know by personal experience. Outsiders, basically, who try to raise and discipline a child that isn't hers will cause trouble with the father of that child. Because parents or couples of blended families often have two different distinct disciplinary methods. Or one or the other may not have it at all, and it will cause frustration.

You must be as ONE ACCORD. You cannot just get with anybody on a whim and think it's okay. It's not. Because now you have children involved. It is not easy. And it can become hell than what you would think is bliss.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not. Not for me. I wouldn't want a divorcee, or someone with kids at a young age (27-28 is young for me as I am 28. GaG says 29 thou...) Widower is fine, and beign a widow is unexpected but simply being a single father doesn't turn me on much.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s not a turn on, and certainly not something I look for in a guy at all (in fact I rather he didn’t have kids) but I’m not completely put off by it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the man, if I love him and he does love me, I'd admire him for taking care of his children and i'd be ready to learn to love them. Not something you can just say if it's a turn on or turn off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being a good dad is a turn on, but if you're in a situation where the mum could rock up at any moment, that is a massive turn off!

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a turn off, but not a turn on either But if the kids are well behaved I wouldn't have problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it is, I like a man who has his shut together. But I am a single mother so I guess I am a bit different.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess only single mothers can understand being a single parent and probably for single mothers it is a turn on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely! It shows your maturity and your strong will

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont care if the one i love have kids or not
    if he has no kids its ok
    if he has kids its ok
    i;l love them <3

0|0
    0|0
  • No its a super turn off for me. Cauae of baby mama drama

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, my parents divorced when I was little and my dad's always had women around so I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not for me. I don’t want children.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Turn off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Noooo

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, i think so

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d sleep with one, but dating one.. I don’t know.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes