Not so many years ago it was totally normal for a girl/woman to have an older boyfriend/husband, why is that so frowned upon these days?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Overall it was never acceptable to be doing that. And you have plenty of nations, eras, and cultures of people who have different rules and guidelines for that. Most of these said older boyfriend or mostly husband had $$$$. And they would often sell their daughters off just to birth children or merge families. The reason TODAY why it's not is because older men today mainly wants a younger woman for 4 things:

1. SEX
    2. MARRIAGE/CHILDREN
    3. LUST
    4. PERSONAL INTEREST: TROPHY

Women back then did not have a say about who they should marry or have sex with. And if she wanted that they would disown her as if she existed. Overall an older man has no business with a younger woman almost 2x her senior. Personally. She should be with somebody around her own age, and have nearly the same experiences besides values, traditions, morals, faith/beliefs, etc. He overall needed a job, money to support and take on a family, a place to have her and raise their family. While all a woman needed to be was:

1. Fertile
    2. Went through puberty
    3. Able to have sex and have no problem with having sex
    4. Wants children
    5. Desire's marriage - unless not allowed to have a say
    6. The father or other male figure is present to exchange business[ not selling their daughters exactly] concerning whether or not the suitor truly desires to love, care and provide for the girl.
    7. Pretty or at least attractive enough for the husband to want her
    8. Is of age to marry.
    9. Can cook, clean, is aware of her wifely duties and has knowledge on how to raise and take care of children. [This was done mostly by the girl raising her baby siblings].
    10. She equally consents to the marriage

Remember, there were no such things as 'boyfriends'. There were suitors, lovers or husbands.

0|0
    0|0
    • So I guess we know what you majored in..

• Show All
    • Was making a joke cuz u know a good amount of information about the topic

• What I said was the truth. That's how it was back then and how it is causing problems now. If they didn't get married while young to somebody by choice, it's their problem. If they keep dating and picking up girls to have premarital sex with whom doesn't seek marriage then or ever, it's their problem. That's why I always tell people. DON'T LUST! Don't be fooled. If you so much desire these things, be proactive and make your intentions clear from the beginning. Stop fooling around months and years into a relationship that shouldn't be. It is a waste of good potential and your youth. And an older man is more than likely to make the younger female feel like she's a child. In fact, technically she is compared to him mentally and psychologically.

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like it's because it's been made into a matter of the patriarchy... It's like oh yeah it's just a matter of the guy preying on younger girls rather than. Oh yeah younger girls would prefer to date more mature responsible men. I dunno I'm curious now as well.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Because the carousel-riding skanks who are now being rejected as they hit the Wall want to be sure that some beta-bitchboy will swoop in and wife them up. The reliable way to do that is to shame the men for even looking at the younger girls who might think they're hot shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think because in the media, they usually don't portray the normal relationships of it and only publicize the messed up ones that are obviously for sex and money where it is someone that is 60 to 80 years old with a 20 year old and he has millions of dollars.
    That isn't the norm, but that is what the media tries to show instead of how many are in regular happy family type relationships, have normal jobs, kids, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • because it was a normal strategy to do that. as a woman years ago you couldn't provide for yourself and a man would have to grow into being able to provide for two, therefore older men got with younger girls.

these days women are equal, therefore there is no need for a woman to marry into money. it is associated with her being a lazy bum or a superficial bitch. versus back than it was the only way to exist for women. emancipation did that for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • 150 years ago getting married at 14 was not a big deal

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it has changed

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it? I'm not aware of that

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing has changed

0|0
    0|0
  • Because society and people are idiots!!!

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes