Most Helpful Girl
Overall it was never acceptable to be doing that. And you have plenty of nations, eras, and cultures of people who have different rules and guidelines for that. Most of these said older boyfriend or mostly husband had $$$$. And they would often sell their daughters off just to birth children or merge families. The reason TODAY why it's not is because older men today mainly wants a younger woman for 4 things:
4. PERSONAL INTEREST: TROPHY
Women back then did not have a say about who they should marry or have sex with. And if she wanted that they would disown her as if she existed. Overall an older man has no business with a younger woman almost 2x her senior. Personally. She should be with somebody around her own age, and have nearly the same experiences besides values, traditions, morals, faith/beliefs, etc. He overall needed a job, money to support and take on a family, a place to have her and raise their family. While all a woman needed to be was:
2. Went through puberty
3. Able to have sex and have no problem with having sex
4. Wants children
5. Desire's marriage - unless not allowed to have a say
6. The father or other male figure is present to exchange business[ not selling their daughters exactly] concerning whether or not the suitor truly desires to love, care and provide for the girl.
7. Pretty or at least attractive enough for the husband to want her
8. Is of age to marry.
9. Can cook, clean, is aware of her wifely duties and has knowledge on how to raise and take care of children. [This was done mostly by the girl raising her baby siblings].
10. She equally consents to the marriage
Remember, there were no such things as 'boyfriends'. There were suitors, lovers or husbands.
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Guy
I feel like it's because it's been made into a matter of the patriarchy... It's like oh yeah it's just a matter of the guy preying on younger girls rather than. Oh yeah younger girls would prefer to date more mature responsible men. I dunno I'm curious now as well.