Is blocking someone weak?

So say there’s someone of the opposite sex you had a past with, they’re emotionally unstable and like to cheat. They hurt your feelings in the past , but like still want you even when they’re with someone.
Would you keep them blocked on social media OR unblock them and show you're not hurt and don’t give a shit?
  • Yes unblock and show them you’re living life without them
    Vote A
  • No keep blocked , it shows them you have won
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I like the results now.
    (For those unable to travel through time: 1 girl no, 1 guy (me) yes.)
    It is. Seriously. Because the problem isn't that you see their activity, the problem is in your mind. You'll block that person on social networks, fine, that mightsort of help, but…your brain is the root cause of the issue. ;-) And blocking doesn't solve it.
    That's why I am strongly against blocking. And yes, I acutally have someone who is bother me, strangely enough.
    I am against cutting communication chanels. It's done to me often, and when someone does it, I know it's pathetic, weak person. Sure, maybe little bit fast, simple judgement, but it still say somehting.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If they're trying to come back into your life when every they feel lonely or fulfill their selfish needs, then no I don't consider it weak. But I do think blocking an ex for no reason when their not doing any harm to you is kinda petty when all you have to do is unfriend them and hide any posts they make/that's tagged to them. Blocking an ex thats not trying to intentional harm you emotionally or physically isn't going to make the pain go away any faster. It's just something you have to get over with time.

1|0
    0|0
    • but in this case, it's totally okay to keep this this ex blocked, cause they are tyring to come back when they chose to leave cause they have no other option to turn to at the moment and just want to use you as a time filler/someone on the side.

• The thing is he is not an ex , we never dated

• Is he bothering you? Tell him to bug off or you'll tell his girlfriend

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Blocking them = I don't need u in my life
    It doesn't show weakness, it shows that for u, they don't exist anymore
    Which is the right thing to do

1|1
    0|0

1|0
    1|0
  • Why dos it have to be a competition? Can't you just live your life and not worry about what they're doing. Block them and move on if you want to, or keep them blocked and move on.
    There's no "winning" or "losing", that's just immature childs play.

0|0
    0|0
  • Third option: I can't be bothered to block them. I'm too lazy to give a damn about them. They just aren't worth the effort. Save the blocking for when you need it.

0|1
    0|0
  • It really depend on the situation though. if its because of the reason yoy mentioned then no, if you block someone because they said something you dont agree with (within reason) then its a little childish

0|0
    0|0
  • keep them blocked to keep them away from me. i don't really want that person to know what i'm doing with my life. they sound like a garbage human.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's not weak, because you do not want to let them back into your life! Not being blocked is an invitation to attempt to contact you.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends, of course. If you are blocking people just because they don't always agree with you even though they are not being hateful, then yes, you are being weak. Being able to listen to all sides of an argument is a skill that everyone should have. That said, there is no reason to keep toxic people in your life. If someone is obviously targeting you with malicious intent, for whatever reason, you are not obligated to poison your life with their presence. Learning to walk away is an equally useful skill to have.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's kind of immature, yeah. But then again... it's fucking social media. Social media are stupid anyway, and we all take them way too seriously. Don't fret over it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry about what they're seeing on their screen, block them if you don't want to see them, don't block them if you don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave her blocked. If I disliked her posts enough to block her, then I'm unlikely to change my mind later.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not weak. It's the internet. If you want to block them then so be it. It's all up to you and what you think anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to move on, so you need to end the useless palaver with them. Keep 'em blocked.

0|0
    0|0
  • I block or delete at least. Screw what everyone thinks. The fact that you care what others think is weak, I stead of doing what comforts you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wusses block people. Blocking people is bush league crap and has absolutely no place in society. It's a BS move.

0|0
    0|0

0|0
    0|0
  • why in the world would you unblock them. life is so much better without em

0|0
    0|0
  • I would do whatever makes my life easier.

2|0
    0|0
  • Keep blocked.

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends on what they did for me to block them

0|0
    0|0
  • This is subjective.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very weak.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, when I get blocked, I see it as I've won. Because I usually get blocked due to an argument, or calling someone out. A block in that situation means the other person can't bare it and wants to run from me. That, however, is obviously not the case here. This guy seems toxic and a general downer in your life. It's okay to keep him blocked if it keeps you happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have an abusive ex who would obsessively call me and text me... I'd go up in a frenzy every time. They're still blocked and I feel no shame.

0|0
    0|0
  • whoa, your question reminded of someone. so you would block him just because he cheated and that they have hurt you? I wouldn't
    I would block them if I have zero feelings about them and dont really wanna talk anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m unsure of this answer. I have just recently done the same to my long term partner (now ex) he cheated (not the first time either) he comes back and forth because he knows I’ll always be there then lies with words to get his way back in. So yes it does make me weak for blocking him off everything but also has to be done on my end because I love him and someone get stucked into his words of lies. I have done this for it is a for form of enough is enough and I won’t allow this to happen anymore so at the same time it shows strength.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes