Is blocking someone weak?

So say there’s someone of the opposite sex you had a past with, they’re emotionally unstable and like to cheat. They hurt your feelings in the past , but like still want you even when they’re with someone.
Would you keep them blocked on social media OR unblock them and show you're not hurt and don’t give a shit?
  • Yes unblock and show them you’re living life without them
  • No keep blocked , it shows them you have won

1117

Most Helpful Guy

• I like the results now.
    (For those unable to travel through time: 1 girl no, 1 guy (me) yes.)
    It is. Seriously. Because the problem isn't that you see their activity, the problem is in your mind. You'll block that person on social networks, fine, that mightsort of help, but…your brain is the root cause of the issue. ;-) And blocking doesn't solve it.
    That's why I am strongly against blocking. And yes, I acutally have someone who is bother me, strangely enough.
    I am against cutting communication chanels. It's done to me often, and when someone does it, I know it's pathetic, weak person. Sure, maybe little bit fast, simple judgement, but it still say somehting.

Most Helpful Girl

• If they're trying to come back into your life when every they feel lonely or fulfill their selfish needs, then no I don't consider it weak. But I do think blocking an ex for no reason when their not doing any harm to you is kinda petty when all you have to do is unfriend them and hide any posts they make/that's tagged to them. Blocking an ex thats not trying to intentional harm you emotionally or physically isn't going to make the pain go away any faster. It's just something you have to get over with time.

• but in this case, it's totally okay to keep this this ex blocked, cause they are tyring to come back when they chose to leave cause they have no other option to turn to at the moment and just want to use you as a time filler/someone on the side.

• The thing is he is not an ex , we never dated

• Is he bothering you? Tell him to bug off or you'll tell his girlfriend