Is he wrong for being jealous?

My boyfriend gets jealous when i mention on the looks of another guy or tag my guy friends on Facebook. He even got upset when I made a shoutout to a guy friend who doesn't live here anymore.

He knows that guy is just a friend. Yet he continues to get jealous? Is he wrong for this?

417

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know that I would say he's wrong, but it would be better if he wasn't like that. Most likely the reason is that he has some fear of losing you and sees any friendly contact you have with those guys as a potential threat. A lot of people, both male and female, are like that. So while it's frustrating for you, I don't think you should be mad at him because it means he really loves you and wants you and doesn't want to lose you. That part of it is really good.

Maybe you can talk with him and try to understand exactly why he feels like he does and then do your best to reassure him that you want him and only him and these other guys are just friends that happen to be male and you have no romantic or sexual interest in them at all. Of course your actions need to confirm that. No flirting or anything like that with those guys.

My girlfriend and I both have quite a few opposite sex friends and are secure in our relationship and don't worry about those people. We know they are just friends. Hopefully some day your relationship will become that secure so that neither of you feel threatened by opposite sex friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• he's just jealous I wouldn't say jealousy is wrong, but if he's going to throw a tantrum and be immature about it, he has to understand once you get in a relationship everyone doesn't become ugly lol.

• The immaturity began on her part. He has to behave like an adult, but she doesn't? You're a filthy, stinking, ignorant sexist.

• @Chaz269 How isn't she behaving like an adult lol.

• @Cmasterson simple. He doesn't like her behavior and she's seeking opinions of strangers that support the idea he is wrong. Look at the title and description. Everything is written in a style that influence opinion toward the positive: yes, he is wrong.
      What is really wrong is the following: not talking to him directly about why this annoys him.