Is he wrong for being jealous?

My boyfriend gets jealous when i mention on the looks of another guy or tag my guy friends on Facebook. He even got upset when I made a shoutout to a guy friend who doesn't live here anymore.

He knows that guy is just a friend. Yet he continues to get jealous? Is he wrong for this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know that I would say he's wrong, but it would be better if he wasn't like that. Most likely the reason is that he has some fear of losing you and sees any friendly contact you have with those guys as a potential threat. A lot of people, both male and female, are like that. So while it's frustrating for you, I don't think you should be mad at him because it means he really loves you and wants you and doesn't want to lose you. That part of it is really good.

Maybe you can talk with him and try to understand exactly why he feels like he does and then do your best to reassure him that you want him and only him and these other guys are just friends that happen to be male and you have no romantic or sexual interest in them at all. Of course your actions need to confirm that. No flirting or anything like that with those guys.

My girlfriend and I both have quite a few opposite sex friends and are secure in our relationship and don't worry about those people. We know they are just friends. Hopefully some day your relationship will become that secure so that neither of you feel threatened by opposite sex friends.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• he's just jealous I wouldn't say jealousy is wrong, but if he's going to throw a tantrum and be immature about it, he has to understand once you get in a relationship everyone doesn't become ugly lol.

0|0
    0|0
    • The immaturity began on her part. He has to behave like an adult, but she doesn't? You're a filthy, stinking, ignorant sexist.

• @Chaz269 How isn't she behaving like an adult lol.

• @Cmasterson simple. He doesn't like her behavior and she's seeking opinions of strangers that support the idea he is wrong. Look at the title and description. Everything is written in a style that influence opinion toward the positive: yes, he is wrong.
      What is really wrong is the following: not talking to him directly about why this annoys him.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• he's not wrong but he also has to realize that they are just guy friends. I wouldn't be sorting them out or mentioning/tagging on facebook. I don't think thats really appropriate. I guess a question to ask yourself is how would you feel if he was tagging other women in posts on FB and shouting a female friend out

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends. If you get upset when he says another woman looks good then he’s totally right to expect you to live by the same rules.

Otherwise he sounds over the top,

But the bottom line is that he does not trust you

0|0
    0|0
  • Would you get mad if he started liking and following other girls, saying they looked beautiful or pretty?

Most girls do.. actually it seems it's usually the opposite of your situation, most girls are normally jealous like your guy is.

0|0
    0|0
    • Then the reverse would be true of this situation, right? Men who act like that are assholes. So why aren't you calling this asshole an asshole? Just because she's a woman? That's disgusting.

• Just because I didn't call her an asshole means I'm disgusting? Who's to say I call men who do that assholes? I think it's an issue of jealousy. Which is completely understandable.

• Chassis why r u salty, can't tell if you're a troll lol.

• He's not wrong, but it's clear he has possessive tendencies which most girls I know seem to like to an extent. It probably makes him feel uncomfortable because he'll feel he's not giving you everything you're looking for in the relationship. And it might even cause him to feel insecure. It's understandable that they're just friends, but even then, you can't help how you feel.

0|0
    0|0
  • He is very insecure about your relationship, and/or doesn't trust you...
    But he very much values you.

you have to take the good with the bad, or leave both...

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. You're a manipulator and an asshole. I hope you get hit by a bus and die, for his sake. He deserves better.

0|2
    2|1
  • Think about some cute girls he knows... how would you feel if he starts mentioning them? And suppose you'd already been betrayed by your ex with guy don't worry about...

0|0
    0|0
  • Okay I can understand mentioning the looks from a jealous type a guy to you mentioning other men and there looks is a no no it shows that you are thinking of other men

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes he's an insecure loser who needs to let you do whatever you want. Even if there was something going on with you and another guy that's your business. He doesn't own you

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s normal it means he’s territorial which means he loves you and doesn’t want to lose you to another guy

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think its wrong but clearly you love him and not the other guys coz you chose him to be your boyfriend. Jealousy is natural.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would you be jealous if he did the same to a girl who's a friend?

0|0
    0|0
  • It is simply called immature and jealous and the scary part is that he has controlling issues.

0|0
    0|0
  • He sounds incredibly insecure. Is there some reason he doesn't even remotely trust you?

0|0
    0|0
  • He either has low self-esteem or has trust issues.. Could be that he isn't trustworthy himself

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as he knows that you love him he should not care

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm... Why do you still keep on doing it then?

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex would be like that. I’d be like “wow that actress is smokin” and shed get jelly. “She’s ugly!”

Trying to play mind games, bahaha! So cute. But ultimately effort wasted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Jealousy isn't wrong however if he prefers to have you never talk to other guys that isn't good.
    He just sounds insecure about your relationship. give him reassurance that you're dating him, you're his girlfriend, that you like him. It'll be a good way to build trust with each other

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes