Why do guys find it so hard to be loyal in a relationship?

Personally i haven't been in a relationship, but you hear about this stuff all the time.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you're getting a distorted view from what you're hearing. There are many guys who will be loyal. There are also many women who will not be. I don't really think that the percentage of men that cheat is much, if any, higher than the percentage of women that do.

I also think that most people won't cheat if they are satisfied with their relationship. The problem is that keeping both people happy in a relationship isn't always easy. In fact sometimes it's hard. And a lot of people, instead of doing the work necessary to keep their existing relationship going well will instead take what they think is the easy way out by getting together with someone else that gives them what they want (at least for a while) without making them do the work required for a long term relationship. Also, couples with significantly different sex drives have the risk of the person with the higher sex drive getting so frustrated because their partner often isn't willing when they are that they eventually succumb to the powerful force of their sex drive and seek satisfaction elsewhere.

However, if a couple is sexually compatible (not meaning exactly alike but close enough that they can reach a mutually acceptable compromise) and are willing to work through the challenges of disagreements and work together to find solutions they both are happy with and treat each other well, then I personally think the risk of either of them cheating is low. I think it's the relationships where the couple isn't really compatible or at least one of them is unable or unwilling to work together and compromise on the things they disagree on are the ones where most of the cheating you hear about occurs.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• women actually cheat just as often as men. i think men get caught more frequently because women are sneakier. i have no idea why people are so terrible at being loyal - it's sad!

0|5
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Guys with more brains than balls don't have an issue with it. It's the retards that rely on cock that have an issue with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve been lucky enough to have dated two great guys, who were very loyal. There friends were the same way and would condemn cheaters. My exes hated guys like that or guys who treated girls badly in any way. You just have to find the right group of guys out there. I’ve seen it, it for sure exists.

0|1
    0|0
  • It goes both ways. won't lie i thought of cheating before but i looked at my options. Cheat to be satisfied for that moment and lose my spouse or stop thinking with the wrong head and worry about what really mattered.

0|0
    0|0
  • It goes both ways - something that has been confirmed several times now.

Why do PEOPLE find it so hard to be loyal in a relationship? Short attention span (thanks social media), going into the relationship with maybe 50% interest level, wanting to leave the relationship and having a new one right off the bat, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many, if not most, don’t find it hard. Like with everything else, you hear when things go wrong because people get upset. But there may be dozens you never hear about because people are happily quiet with each other

0|0
    0|0
  • Our mind is your predicament. It wants to be free of change. Free of pain, free of the obligations of life and death. But change is law and no amount of pretending will alter that reality.
    I don't find it hard being loyal though.

0|0
    0|0
  • The good ones are loyal, just like the good girls. There are cheaters of both genders, and in my experience, in my age group, there are many more unfaithful women than men.

0|0
    0|0
  • From my experience girls are not warm and affectionate where I live. They come off cold and weird... I lose interest in them after a few days and just stop caring.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sis not all men are the same just like how all women aren't the same, stop giving attention to fuckboys and you won't have this problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because there is sooo much temptation out there nowadays... And remember it takes two to Tango, for every guy that cheats there's a woman playing around too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because at the very beginning we were designed to inseminate ( I know, I make it sounds very sexy <<" ) as many people as possible since we have unlimited supply of genetic material, unlike girls whom only possess a limited amount of this material. That's why marriage was invented by the way ( as women needed to be sure they would be protected during pregnancy and afterwards ) . Anyway, as we evolved we changed, but we still have some reminiscences of this past.
    Once again, I know it's absolutely not sexy to put it like that, but I don't see how to formulate it in an other fashion ^^"

0|0
    0|1
  • U just heard about cheaters tht doesn't mean all guys are cheaters u didn't met or chatted with a proper guy thts all I can say

0|1
    0|0
  • Girls do the same...

Guys just don't like to talk about it...

0|0
    0|0
  • Bordum. You have changed from when u met and so have they. You are now different people. Good luck finding someone who will work for next time

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend was the unloyal one it works both ways

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't find staying loyal hard, I find getting in a relationship hard

1|0
    0|0
  • Only assholes who can't keep their dick in check cheat, they also are not worth anyones time

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause you women always fuck it up.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not hard

0|0
    0|0
  • Looking at other girls butt

0|0
    0|0
  • are you serious girls cheat more then guys lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Actually it's the other way around.. :/

• Show All
    • Are you kidding? I just linked you an article talking about that, it seems to me that you're the one who's judging by what they see ;)

What does any of this has to do with thinking that they are better than men?

• @BlackParrot

let me give you an example
      that response is the response of the female population who really does believe they are better then men lol
      the reality is the exact opposite we are bigger stronger faster we do more then they do
      and yes im judging by what i see
      not words on some internet page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmP1ier3R30

Recommended myTakes