How to react when boyfriend buys a bad gift?

I love my boyfriend he’s awesome and I enjoy being with him. I don’t expect and anything expensive from him (despite the title I’ll get to that really quick). I’m a college student and he isn’t working so I don’t expect anything high of him. But he recently bought be these really cheap wireless headphones (which only one Bluetooth earphone connects to instead of both ears). Haha I appreciate he even thought about getting me a gift and I thanked him for it. But it’s so bad 😅 I would’ve just been fine with flowers.

I dont know know how I should feel about this or if what I’m feeling is bad

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It is completely fine that you personally don't like his gift. You already feel guilty, to the point you are asking others opinions, so I wouldn't worry too much about if what you genuinely feel is bad. You should just be honest and tell him that you appreciate it and all, but you would've preferred something simple like flowers. He should understand and just be mindful of what to get you next time. If he is easily offended by this, then I would say he does not genuinely love you that much... I hope this helped

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Drop hints that you like flowers... when it comes to some things in your relationship have to train your man... Pardon the expression

1|0
    0|0
    • 😂I think I have to tell him directly cause I’ve been dropping some obvious hints. “Wanna make me happy, I love flowers””oh these are gorgeous! I want them” but I will thanks

• Show All
    • I don’t care if the flowers were like $2 dollars for one single one. I’d be happy :)

• Cost thing... asking in a nice way... is he a cheap skate... be direct...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Tbh i wish i would get random gifts as cool as that

1|0
    0|0
    • So just appreciate him? Yeah he’s the best 😌 he’s a super sweet guy I’m so lucky he found me honestly

• It's a pretty lame gift. Mention to him and tell him flowers are more of your flavor.

1|0
    0|0
    • How so? 😬 I feel totally mean just saying it’s lame haha

• You tell him in a nice way so can learn that will strength your relationship.

1|1
    0|0
  • It’s the thought that counts so hug him kiss him just show him he is appreciated

1|0
    0|0
  • Accept it grateful

1|0
    0|0
  • At least he tried. It's the thought that counts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls are headache

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha so I’m just being unrateful? 😅 let me know cause I don’t want to overstep my boundaries or be too much

• No what I mean you love him right

Recommended myTakes