He told me he loved me... via text when he was drunk?

So I recently hooked back up with an ex...

We never had a bad break up and remained friends for the past 2 years but about 3 months ago rekindled things romantically.

A few weeks later he went away for a boys weekend and texted me that he loved me. I replied that I knew he'd been drinking and I wouldn't hold him to anything in the morning. He replied that he was sober enough to know what he was saying and that he was coming home the next day to take my son and I out to dinner... which he did. But the drunk texts were not discussed again.

Last night we had our first fight and he brought up that he had told me he loved me when he was away and I ignored it. I don't think it counts as he was intoxicated and it was via text.

He thinks I am being cold and unfair to him?

Am I?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• yes.. you seemed a bit cold like he said you ignored his message and tried to refuse that he likes you by saying he was drunk. he said he was sober what else do you want?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he was afraid to say it to you so he texted it if he meant it then he meant it and if you feel you love him then you should have told him or tell him