My friends don't like my boyfriend because they think he's stupid. What should I do?

I just started college last semester, so I'm away from my boyfriend most of the time during the school year. On the rare occasion he does come and visit me, he stays for a while so my college friends (more specifically my roommate) will see him quite a bit. Anyways, my friends have started to tell me they think my boyfriend isn't smart, and this really bothers me. English isn't his first language and when he's nervous I think his English gets a little worse, but regardless I don't think my so called friends should be saying this about my boyfriend, whom I love. Is this weird on their part? What should I do?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Do you love someone because of his inteligence or because of his personality and kindness?
    Maybe your friends imagined you with some doctor or astronaut, they maybe just think you are not a match for him..
    For me personally, i wouldn't mind if im with a low inteligence girl if she truly loves me and if i love her.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's weird, tbh. If you love him and he loves you, then perfect no one else's opinion matters. Plus your friends will probably think that any guy you bring around them is stupid, because guys are just stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • Take it into consideration, but don't bother so much about it and don't show that you are considering this to both parts?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes