Can a guy and girl just be best friends?

I've got two friends who I thought they were dating because of the way they act together. Theyre both single and they hang out all the time, they even sleep in the same bed after a night out. Not sex, but he stays at hers because he lives too far for a drunk walk home.

I keep seeing her post on facebook about how theyre watching things like Wonder and Coco at the cinema or last night they were eating this irish sandwich thing with taytos. The last of her taytos crisps until Easter probably, she's irish.

No one else I know hang out like them. They occaisonally date other people, but its usually casual and only lasts a few weeks tops.

I've asked him about it. He said that he thought about it once. But she dates guys that are in their 30s, and he's 18.

Theyre even planning on living together next year at uni. Do you think she really just thinks of him as a friend?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah so as long as you are not too close.
    I say that because I feel uncomfortable having a guy best friend that’s touchy, or would prioritize me before his SO

That’s just stupid.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes for fuck's sake how many times is this going to be asked. What kind of virgin are you if you fall for every girl you meet.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If they're not attracted to each other then sure, otherwise I'd say it's circumstancial because either one told the other that they wouldn't go out with them

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but do you think its because theyre in the same class. She told him he's too young for her, but then asks him to go and do all these things with her, even quite a few romantic things

• Show All
    • No I mean him. Its not me but Im friends with both of them and I genuinely thought they were dating because of the movies n stuff and how theyre always together.

But as I've already said, theyre not having sex.

• Oh, in that case then she just wants him around to fill the role of a boyfriend. I'd say that he should ask her what she really wants out of him just so he knows. Since he's not committed to this girl, he should still talk to other girls and try to get his but if the girl is cool, I wouldn't be against them hanging out platonically.

• Yes. I'm friends with a girl for 2 years. Although she has suggest some sexual interest in me I've managed to hold her in place

0|0
    0|0
  • How can you be so sure that they didn’t fuck? Sounds like friends with benefits

0|0
    0|0
    • Because my sister is in the room next to hers, and she can almost here anyone breath in there because the walls are so thin.

My sister was saying that when she does bring a guy round, she does here the sex but nothing like that happened with him round. But they have done some odd stuff like he did her nails once and she has put makeup on him for a laugh

• Also I know they guy would like to fuck, but he's too shy to initiate anything.

• Of course lol. Girls are cool. Blowjobs.

0|0
    0|0
  • You know they fucking

0|0
    0|0
    • Thats the thing, theyre not fucking. I dont understand why though. She says that he's out of her range. But he's really mature for his age and theyd be perfect together

Recommended myTakes