Can a guy and girl just be best friends?

I've got two friends who I thought they were dating because of the way they act together. Theyre both single and they hang out all the time, they even sleep in the same bed after a night out. Not sex, but he stays at hers because he lives too far for a drunk walk home.

I keep seeing her post on facebook about how theyre watching things like Wonder and Coco at the cinema or last night they were eating this irish sandwich thing with taytos. The last of her taytos crisps until Easter probably, she's irish.

No one else I know hang out like them. They occaisonally date other people, but its usually casual and only lasts a few weeks tops.

I've asked him about it. He said that he thought about it once. But she dates guys that are in their 30s, and he's 18.

Theyre even planning on living together next year at uni. Do you think she really just thinks of him as a friend?

25

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah so as long as you are not too close.
    I say that because I feel uncomfortable having a guy best friend that’s touchy, or would prioritize me before his SO

That’s just stupid.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes for fuck's sake how many times is this going to be asked. What kind of virgin are you if you fall for every girl you meet.