Is being 21 an excuse for being immature when dating?

My girlfriend is 21 and I'm 26, we've been dating for almost 2 years now and I'm noticing a huge problem when it comes to her maturity. It has nothing to do with partying or social media young girl things, it's more a attitude and stubbornness and also selfishness. I keep thinking that oh she's young and she has that frame of mind too, but I've dated 21 year olds before and they've never been this immature. Question here is should you be mature by 21 or am I asking too much?
  • Reasonable
  • Unreasonable

46

Most Helpful Girl

• Maturity isn't about age, but 21-year-olds are rarely on an adult level. Like you said, it's about her personality, which might never change, no matter how old she gets.