Is being 21 an excuse for being immature when dating?

My girlfriend is 21 and I'm 26, we've been dating for almost 2 years now and I'm noticing a huge problem when it comes to her maturity. It has nothing to do with partying or social media young girl things, it's more a attitude and stubbornness and also selfishness. I keep thinking that oh she's young and she has that frame of mind too, but I've dated 21 year olds before and they've never been this immature. Question here is should you be mature by 21 or am I asking too much?
  • Reasonable
    Vote A
  • Unreasonable
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maturity isn't about age, but 21-year-olds are rarely on an adult level. Like you said, it's about her personality, which might never change, no matter how old she gets.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Sounds like it's her. I've seen immature people at ages you'd think they'd be at least somewhat mature by (I'm talking 30s-50s).

The 21 year olds I went out with when I was in my 20s were fairly mature, so it's not an age thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's not a reasonable excuse in my opinion. It must be her character and priorities in life etc. I have seen people older than you and immature. It is all about the individual person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Met mine when she was 21 and she showed her age when we would get into disagreements. Acted really immature.

0|0
    0|0
  • You like her right take responsibility show her how to be more mature. Or leave her be not everyone will mature young. Depends on personality

0|0
    0|0
  • It is not.

0|0
    0|0
  • At 21 years old you should have matured plenty

0|0
    0|0
  • It is reasonable for you to expect her to grow up

0|0
    0|0
  • Reasonable

0|0
    0|0
  • Maturity isn’t always just about the age. Some people stay immature their whole life.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes