Should I stop talking to her?

There's a girl I met on a dating site a while ago. We both decided to delete the app shortly after and we got along really well. We went on a few dates, texted everyday and kissed. She later tells me that she wasn't ready for a relationship and wanted to just be friends for now so we can get to know each other better, which is understandable. She also said that she would tell her parents about me when we were official.

We were "friends" but there were clear signs we liked each other, and I took it to heart. But I soon find out that she was talking to another guy she had met on the dating site, and slept at his place. She never told me and I felt kind of hurt by it.

Now I have kind of distanced myself, still talking to her but in a uncaring manner. The weird part is the next day she said she told her parents about me, we were not official and up until this point I have never felt so distanced from her.

Is she trying to get me back so that I can be her backup? Should I stop talking to her completely?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's not fair to lie to you. And to me, you deserve better. It's seems like she have decided to try with the other guy and to have you in case it fails. You should look for an other girl mate

0|0
    0|0
    • So you think I should just keep talking to her as friends?

• Show All
    • I forgot to mention that she was the one who told me she was sleeping over, I don't know if that changes anything.

• It doesn't change anything, if she was really into you she wouldn't have slept over in the first place

• I would start with short responses to anything she says, then stop talking to her

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I will probably do that

• Show All
    • She was the one who told me she was sleeping over though, does that change anything? If it doesn't I'm fine with letting her go

• no it doesn't change anything. And if she seems like she is starting to come back to u more and more, keep giving her short answer, until you have figured out if you want to get with her or not.

• Sounds like you are the back up and she is telling you whatever to continue to keep you around, sorry but the other guy is her first choice. If she's being sneaky already imagine if you do end up together the bullshit drama she'll put you through. I say break contact, unless you like to be picked 2nd.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah I know, I forgot to mention in the post that she was told me herself that she was sleeping over... Would that change what you thought? It's fine if it doesn't, I understand

• Show All
    • Doesn't change much, she still slept over and did who knows what with the other guy. Kinda gross for you to get sloppy seconds specially when dude number 1 isn't around. I would still break contact.

• Alright thanks

Recommended myTakes