What do you like your girlfriend to do when you're feeling down?

Especially interested in the methods that can be done via text.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends on what we're feeling down about. Guys are very oxymoronic where we are both really simple yet very complicated. But there are a few things that we love (and no none are sexual). First off, we LOVE it if you'd hold us, like cuddling, but without saying ANYTHING. don't talk, no small talk, ESPECIALLY no jokes, just hold us. If we ask a question answer quickly, then just keep holding us. Some of us may refuse at first but we will always eventually give in. If we make a joke come back with another joke, just make it quick. But overall we just need some e or something to hold. Basically just bury you're head in his chest and hold him. If you're feeling risky use one hand to rub his back.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 32

• Text is difficult. Its the least intimate form of communication so it really can feel impersonal and isolating to someone who is already feeling down. Still, talking the issue though without judgment or preasure, can always help..

In person. Hugs. Cuddles. Back-rubs. Geting him to lay down while you stoke his hair. etc. etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • to express interest in me on a personal level, while not prying at what is bothering me until i feel like talking about it... physical touch is the most soothing to me, but everyone is different... sometimes i like to have an outside problem to work on because i am upset about something i feel can't be fixed... abstaining from giving me a hard time about minor things is nice also...

1|0
    0|1
  • Talking about fun plans for the future cheers me up... if done by a person I'm seeing at the time. Otherwise talking about random stuff like movies and games and all that.

1|0
    0|0
  • The nonsexual comments are good suggestions on here.

1|0
    0|0
  • Remind me of the things I enjoy.
    Tell me about the times that make me happy.
    Let me know I am wanted and needed.
    Pretty much all of that

1|2
    0|0
  • Talk about wonderful things you will do in the future

1|0
    0|0
  • Via text? It's difficult. Kinda depends on what it is but like I love it when you say cute things or I don't know tell me something cute. Try and do something nice like write a long message about how much you love and appreciate him if he's upset about something he did wrong. In person I love getting hugs and affection. Due to hormones you produce from that you can say with a fair amount of certainty that should help anyone. Something that boosts men's testosterone levels (which by the way make us feel relaxed) is when you praise us on something we have done right. Make us feel strong or smart in whatever way applicable to the situation and you should be helping pretty well. If none of that seems to work you can't help, and sometimes the best thing you can do, especially over text is let him talk to you and all you really need to say is "jeez, that must suck"

1|0
    0|0
  • Ahh if she knows me we already have a core of phrases that represent deep conversations. And she will use t he right words to remind me.

Or you could just mmm come snuggle

1|0
    0|0
  • Let me get over it.
    Your presence is adequate enough too...
    If she made me pasta al dente - omgggggggg I'd almost drop to one knee and propose.

1|0
    0|0
  • As far as texting. Just listening and keeping the convo, letting me vent it. Maybe something more fun after that ;). But that is optional.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's sometimes the little things... a text that says "Good morning " or "thinking of you" etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ask them. "I understand you're having a rough time, If you need my help let me know." Otherwise give them space, understanding, and emotional availability for when they do need help. It's usually your best bet, but then again it's completely situational to why they are upset and personality. We have this innate need to fix things and reach social homeostasis but sometimes allowing a situation to unfold and given time it can solve it's self or can give people the time to cope and be ready for intervention by an S/O. Hope that helps.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not text very easily misinterpreted. Just be there and listen

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm single but if I had I would say let's go for a walk or just lie in bed with me

0|0
    0|0
  • Any form of reassurance is appreciated

1|0
    0|0
  • Suck my dick and swallow

1|4
    0|3
  • A hug, sammich and a good meme

1|0
    1|0
  • Just be there. Don't judge me, love me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just her presecence or text make us to be happy

0|2
    0|0
  • Get it up. LOL, sorry couldn't resist saying that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Give me space

0|0
    0|0
  • comfort and overstanding with patients

0|1
    0|0
  • Text method does not work

0|1
    0|0
  • Hug him tightly and talk to him