Guys, Is abortion a deal-breaker for you?

If you were dating a woman and were very happy in all aspects of your relationship, would finding out that she had an abortion as a teenager be a deal breaker?
  • Deal breaker, 100%
    Vote A
  • Not a deal breaker at all
    Vote B
  • Depends on how far along she was
    Vote C
  • Depends on her reason (s)
    Vote D
  • Depends on other factors
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Guys, would your answer change if you found out she was raped and had an abortion at 13?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i think motivation for doing so, combined with current feelings about it would be would made the difference to me... also knowing if the father was aware of it, and if he was, how he felt about it at the time would make a difference also... i know if my child was aborted, that i would hold a grudge...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• I'm pro-life, but it's not a deal breaker. But I need to know the reasons why the took place and where her stance is now and in the future. You never know if our relationship were to go on into a marriage and having kids and such. If it was rape or coercion of any sorts then I'd personally accept that. But if it was anything else then I surely would feel some type of way.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm Pro life so definitely it's not a deal breaker for me. But it also depends on the reasons she had abortion. If it is rape or something force on her (sorry for being blunt) it is not a deal breaker. But if it was something else, it might affect me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would think she wasn't making smart decisions if she got pregnant that young.
    But I would also want to know if she let the father know or have a say in the decision since that will tell me if she cares about men's rights or not.

0|0
    1|0
    • If she claims she was raped I would seriously doubt her unless there was physical proof and marks from a struggle. Otherwise I would think she just regretted it later and claimed rape.

• I’m pro life but it depends on the specifics of her situation. There’s questions that need to be asked

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather her not bring someone else's kid into the mix so I guess it wouldn't be an issue for me. I'm just going to be more careful to make sure I don't impregnate her

0|0
    0|0
  • When in a relationship, a sure fire way to destroy it is to dwell on you partner's past life.

1|0
    0|0
  • i mean if 15 what the hell would i know about that but i'd say it would depend on reasons for it

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm pro choice, but I would probably lose interest.

0|0
    1|0
  • Depends on the situation and how msny weeks se was pregnant

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a deal breaker, and unless she wants to talk about it I don't even need to know her reasons.

1|0
    0|0
  • If she was expecting mine and was the first one. Yes. Although if she was not. comfortable for reasons of health. No.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't understand your comment. Can you clarify?

• I would not break up with her if she has had an abortion in her youth. But even if she had been raped I would not. agree on aborting her baby. He but he should be in jail. But yes if she aborts mine it is a break up. But if she has health issues to have the baby she can abort.

• Nope, it wouldn't bother me

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on her views on that abortion now

1|0
    0|0
  • Of no consequence.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm pro abortion. People need to stop having kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all

1|0
    0|0
  • Better then having a kid.

1|0
    0|1
  • Pretty much, yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • not a deal breaker at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe, leaning to probably.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a deal breaker

0|0
    0|0
  • basically if a women aborts my child im going to kill her that simple

0|0
    1|1
    • That doesn't answer the question.
      If a girl had an abortion at 14 then 10+ years later you started dating her, and found out about the abortion, would you break up with her?

• Show All
    • In this scenario, it is not your child. It is a woman who you met a few months ago, she aborted a different man's fetus 10 years before you met.

• i will not date her
      unless she goes to Jesus Christ
      after that she is worthless to me

• I'm against abortion, but it depends on the reason. If she was raped, for example, I see it as reasonable, but if she got pregnant through consensual sex which she later regretted and decided to get an abortion for that reason, I definitely wouldn't break up with her but I might see her as irresponsible.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes