Should I date him?

I've been friends with this guy since 3rd grade. We have a great connection and we even "dated" in junior high. We've been very close for years. He joined the marines so he's been gone a lot lately but we text every day and it's starting to get flirtier and I'm getting back feelings I've previously had for him. He's my best friend though and I don't want to date and have a bad break up that could ruin that. Should I risk it and confess my feelings? Or just stay friends and leave things how they are?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk it over with him, let him know you're falling head over heels in love with him. Tell him you've noticed him turning up the flirting, ask him if he is feeling more than friendly?

I married my best friend a little over two years ago, it was the best thing we've ever done together! We've known each other since five and six years old. We went from playmates to friends, best friends, BFFs, flirting friends to friends who totally fell for each other! Before that first date, before anything started we sat down and had a long talk. We talked about how this was going to change our friendship forever, how we would remain friends even if we couldn't love each other in a romantic way. Thankfully we've never had to worry about those reservations because friendship is a great foundation for a relationship.

So if he's up for it, take the chance you'll never know if you don't!

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You've known him for a long time, so the risk of losing him from your life completely is lower than for someone you just met. Your criteria for him should be the same as for any other guy you want to date, and you have the advantage of knowing him so well that you don't have to wonder if you're seeing the real him. I say go for it!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• date him. so many people don't want to risk ruining a friendship but in my experience the tension makes more problems because you have it in your head as "you want them" but if you let them be with other people in this time it makes you jealous and you end up trying to keep them single and potentially ruining that friendship anyway. maybe not you exactly but it happens

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say go for it! Who knows he may be feeling the same way as you are. I understand the risks though but, it could be worth it. Maybe try throwing some subtle hints out there while you two are talking and see how he responds to them

1|0
    0|0
  • Take the chance. Never go through life with regrets of what you should've done

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes