How to handle lowkey suspicion against your boyfriend?

Hello,
I've been official, and exclusive, with my boyfriend for two months. Two days ago he handed me his phone so that I could call a friend we were going to pick up through whatsapp. In his call history I saw several calls to a girl which was saved in with a winky face next to her name, one of them were on a day on which he told me it'd be better if I didn't stay over at his place, shortly after I left. He talks about his friends a lot but never mentioned her. The chat history had been deleted.
When I asked him about it he said they've only been texting, but he didn't tell me because he it was early into our relationship and it wouldn't be good. Apparently he only had to deal with something and it'd be over now.
He hadn't given me any reason up to day as he'd always been very sweet and affectionate to me. I'm by no way intimidated and have no issue with him having female friends, but this just seems a bit odd and I just feel betrayed. What do you suggest doing?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask him in an indirect way, i. e. ''So who's my competition? Is she at least pretty? 😏''

If he won't talk at all, then I would get really suspicious. Perhaps do the same on your phone and see how he reacts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would her name be saved with a wink emoji if there’s nothing between them? There are a lot of red flags here. If he’s not willing to give you the full explanation, then I wouldn’t trust him.