My long distance boyfriend refuses to Skype me, why is that?

I've been in a long distance relationship with this amazing guy for 3 months and he's really shy and I keep trying to get him to do a Skype video chat with me but every time I ask I get the same answer he is really video shy, I finally got him to agree to do one but then he got mad and blew me off, what should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That would be a red flag to me. It's essential to video chat in LDR's. It's one of the ways to build trust , and become closer.

Being shy is an excuse. If he isn't a catfish and really wants the relationship to work , he'd make an obvious effort to prove it by videoing chatting with you

If he's not prepared to video chat , he needs to stop looking for a relationship online.

Texting is not enough to maintain a LDR's Because after all, online communication is the only form of contact in LDR's.

1|2
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• He's got something to hide from you. Did he ever send a picture of himself to you? It's either he's got insecurities about his looks or really does have something to hide, and that is not good.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Either he's fake, or similar to me and hates video chatting/phone calling. Makes me feel uncomfortable and I don't like having someone looking at me constantly up close like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • that's kinda fishy... maybe he's living with someone else and doesn't want you to find out about it... him being so mad when it comes to Skype gives a hint

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like me. Literally the same thing happened. I wasn't comfortable with it. How would you feel if you had something you did not want to do repeated and your partner kept pushing you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should be cautious about him being a cat fish. If he can't handle video chatting with you, how will he handle being around you in real life?

0|0
    0|0
  • Huge alarm bells on that one, probably a catfish if he is also unwilling to send you a verification picture.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cat fish or just nervous
    I would be super nervous too

0|0
    0|0
  • He got fat\ugly. or he's catfishing you or he has low self. estime

0|0
    0|0
  • Catfish, or has a real girlfriend that he lives with

0|0
    0|0
  • I sense a catfish.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he's a catfish

0|1
    0|0
  • He’s probably not who he says he is to be honest.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's a catfish

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe he is shy

0|0
    0|0
  • he's a catfish

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people just don't like being on camera.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nervous

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be a fake profile

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to talk him into it

0|0
    0|0
  • Catch some one who is interested...

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m in a LDR and I was super shy at first too, but my guy was very patient with me and it helped a lot. The first couple of times we did video chatting I didn’t talk at all. We just texted with the camera on. It might sound weird, but it did the trick for me until I was feeling comfortable enough to talk.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes