How should bill be split during dates?

Remember : There are some dates that can go for months
  • Man should pay for dates
    Vote A
  • Woman should pay for dates
    Vote B
  • Split the bill in half
    Vote C
  • Contribute to the bill according to one's capacity to pay/income.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I always pay for myself. If itโ€™s in a relationship, we usually take turns paying. What date goes on for months though?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• We rarely go halfsies, but rather take turns paying. That way the person in turn to pay can decide what we are doing according to their money situation. If money is really tight, we split the bill.

If it was a date with someone I didn't know as well, I'd pay for my own part and let them pay for theirs. Doesn't make either feel like they owe something to the other. I generally opt for free dates where no money is spend for the first dates with new people.

0|1
    0|0
  • First of all you need to think about how would you like to date, and how that person would like to be treated that you are dating. I over believe that if you are the one that had asked the person out you should be the one to treat that person and pay. Now depending on where you choose to go that requires money you should overall communicate with the person ahead of time so they can be aware of what the situation would be. Too many people that believe him on a dating always want to say just what the bill is not nineteen fifty-something anymore. That's not the point. It's about how that person desires to be treated. And if you don't know that person well enough to go dating with them then this is should be a clear indication, that you should not be dating strangers but somebody you personally know. She's kind of situation is not a reason why I would not want to bother dating in the first place because I don't need bunch of whining men talking about how they don't want to go dig up because I think how I think. It's really sad that a lot of men especially have this mentality. If a person truly wants to pay I have no doubt that person would have just paid whether they was asked to or not. Paying on dates shows how much you're invested in that person and it will show other people how well you respect your date. If I don't see that I will immediately assume that person has no respect for their dating partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • In the beginning, the bill is often split and then eventually, it starts taking turns. You pay this time, "I'll get it next time", that sort of thing. Once the certainty of future dates is there, the focus on splitting things right then and there tends to fade. The longer a relationship goes, the more of a blob the finances become, and eventually everything is paid out of one pot.

1|0
    0|0
  • on a first date, i usually expect the man to pay. that being said, if he has no income (like me - i'm a student) then i'll split it. later in the relationship, i think splitting should be the norm unless one of you makes a lot more money than the other. then i think that person should pay.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am more old-fashioned on a first date I believe it should always be the man! After that if you get more dates you can split it and depend on easy ness they could even pay for a full one on another occasion

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's a new relationship I'd pay 100% of the time. If it's later on who gives a shit... It's all about preferences I guess

3|0
    0|0
  • i think both should be willing and able to pay their bill AND both should be willing and able to invite the other from time to time (meaning they pay for everything). that's just a very normal and friendly dynamic in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • split in half. if a person is the one who ask to go on a date in the first place then they should pay

0|0
    0|0
  • Pay for what you consumed. If one is unable to pay for what they consumed they should talk to their partner beforehand to see how it should be handled.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think itโ€™s good to pay half each. Why should 1 pay for everything? It might not work out and some people abuse this.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just want to pay for my own stuff, and they can pay for them. Not really fair splitting 50/50 if I get a salad for $10 and he orders a steak for $40. Or vice versa.

0|0
    0|0
  • The man always pays.

If the girl wants to make it more equitable, she can do something like cook dinner sometime (most fun when the guy helps).

1|0
    0|1
  • Typically if you ask them out then you pay. If you are in a serious relationship already then it kinda depends.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would always offer to pay, but if the bill is going to be split I would definitely offer to pay most of the bill if my date has financial problems.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's completely up to the individual. I like to be the one who pays, as long as she OFFERS to pay for her half. But not all people want it that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Initially the person who asks for the date pays. Then the requestor can ask if splitting the bill in some way would be acceptable.

1|0
    0|0
  • Split in half, or pay for the things I consume, or he pays for everything this date and then I pay for everything next date.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's up to the couple. There is no right or wrong answer.

1|0
    0|0
  • Women should pay for dates for at least the next 100 years to make things even. Men have been paying forever

0|0
    1|0
  • I consider myself to be a man I can care and provide for my own in which case if I ask a woman to a date I pay if she asks me to a date she pays

0|0
    0|0
  • Every day rove been on , I've never payed except for when I dated this jerk.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who asked whom? Who makes more? How much was the bill? Relationship or casual date?

0|0
    0|0
  • Women want men to pay because women are gold diggers

0|0
    2|0
  • Women want men to pay because "dates" are actually misandrous scams.

0|0
    1|0
  • Half

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone pays for theit own food and drinks.

0|0
    0|0
  • The woman should pay for everything

0|0
    1|0
  • Man pays for everything ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™†

0|0
    0|1
  • Split the bill in half.

0|0
    0|0
  • 50/50 because women want equality.

Haha.

0|0
    1|0
  • the person who asked the other on the date should offer because they are trying to make their date feel special and treated. If no one can afford a date.. y'all shouldn't be doing stuff that cost money. Get creative.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say the default should be split bill based on price, with either partner taking the bill as one sees fit (which I often do).

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes